Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

The code is fine, mod-card is a part of card-mod.

Though I do see that you use an iPad 3? That is iOS 9.3.5? iOS 9.3.5 does not support ES6 which means that most cards will not work on the iPad 3 (I have one too, but never use it).

The iPhone 6 has iOS 12? That should work (though the iPhone 6 nowadays is considered a bit slow).
What you can try is this, uninstall card-mod, config-template-card, text-input-row, fold-row and restart BEFORE you re-install them. This to make sure that nothing is keeping the cards in cache (because cache is a real pain in the behind and this is even worse on iOS). Next start home assistant and see if anything loads (it should NOT, if it does show the header then it is 100% cache). Once you have verified that it is really not working anymore re-install them. Also make absolutely sure you have the latest version of everything and also make sure that the resources are added (you might have to do this manually).

Also on iOS you might want to re-install the app after you have re-installed the cards from HACS since iOS is really hard on cache (even the clear cache button often does not work for me).

Lastly you can try removing line 8 and 9 in /packages/homekit-infused/configuration.yaml. This loads the js variant of card-mod for better performance. HKI5 will work fully without it! But it might be possible older variants of iOS can’t handle it right so you might get some success there. Though note since it won’t be loaded beforehand it might be possible that the interface loads slightly slower.

Since I don’t have an iPhone 6 to test it (and an iPad 3 does not have custom card support anyways so I won’t even try it on that). The error you are getting is related to the resource not getting loaded, so removing these lines might be your solution (you’ll just have to do it again after each HKI update).
Let me know what your results are.

Hello, I don’t got my covers popup to work…

@the_ma4rio Hi, covers is currently not supported, but will be soon.

For now override the tap_action.
To do that you must define your entity as an object.

addons:
  button:
    - title: Covers
      entities:
        - entity: cover.bedroom
          tap_action:
            action: more-info
            haptic: light

This will show you a default HA popup. Not the most elegant solution, but at least your button will be functional!

@jimz011
Thanks for the reply then I will wait till it’s supported.

@lpt2007 I think I have been able to replicate the problem and I might have found a fix for it. I will update the repo soon with a new release, once you update please let me know if the problem still persists.

1 Like

HKI 5 News:

The public release is almost ready to be published. People that are currently on HKI 5 beta’s will no longer receive new beta’s and can update straight to the public version.

The expected release date is upcoming Friday, however there might be an early surprise!

Stay tuned!

Ok, thanks:)

The public release is here!

All of the tutorial videos will come online within the next 30 minutes!

Enjoy your sunday!

Part 00 - Trailer

Part 01 - Installation Guide

Part 02 - Basic Configuration

Part 03 - Addons

Part 04 - Advanced Config

Part 05 - Theming

Part 06 - FAQ

Part 07 - Tips & Tricks

1 Like

I updatet to latest version. An the error screen is gone:)

Now I have different problem on two devices both have ios 12.5.5. On both I only see menu on top and line where greeting is. Entity icon for lights have incorrect position.

Here is picture:

This has to do with the viewport on iOS not understanding the default pixel width, Someone recently showed me what to do with that. So I might be able to fix it soon. I do however would like your input. Would you maybe care to join the discord channel (link in the first post)? That way I can just send you fixes directly and you’ll be able to help me fix this issue for iOS users.

Not a requirement for me to help you ofcourse, but if you would do that it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I will gladly help. I just joined discord :slight_smile:

How I add readings from sensor atributes in subtitle?

I try like this:

climate:
    title: HLAJENJE
    subtitle: "[[[ return `  Stanovanje: ${states['sensor.inside_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${state_attr('sensor.inside_current_humidity','median')}% 
                                  Zunaj: ${states['sensor.outside_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${states['sensor.outside_current_humidity'].state}%
                             Podstreťje: ${states['sensor.attic_current_temperature'].state}°C / ${states['sensor.attic_current_humidity'].state}%` ]]]"

I can’t read this attribute ${state_attr('sensor.inside_current_humidity','median')} like you read sensor state.

Hi. So i have been following the Videos and before I move to the addons video I thought I would create a room or two. I have put the below in to my views.yaml , restarted and even rebooted HA but the living room never shows up.
I am not 100% sure what I am doing wrong. I even followed along with the kitchen example in your video and same thing.

living_room:
subtitle: Overview
icon: mdi:floor-lamp

Check your indentation.

living_room:
  title: living

Unfortunately you can’t use jinja, so you must resort to javascript, this is because button card is written that way.

You should probably read up here: GitHub - custom-cards/button-card: ❇️ Lovelace button-card for home assistant

and check out here: Lovelace: Button card

These will probably help better, since these questions have been asked quite a lot on these threads.

Lastly, if you plan to use a multiline template, you MUST use the | operator.
e.g.

subtitle: |
  [[[
    return Hello World;
  ]]]

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi. I copied from your site. Changed it to just be this. But still wont show up

Ok, check again and put the two spaces before living_room and now its showing up.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 16.40.31

1 Like

Do you have the documentation on how to get the people and their pictures o the main page? I am starting so small trying to learn this. I am starting with the people and setting up my CCTV views.

Yes, check out the picture_elements addon! homekit-infused/picture-elements.md at baa686dd5cebff61fdb7b543d85900bd19e23d8e ¡ jimz011/homekit-infused ¡ GitHub