Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

First bit of feedback on the update - it looks like the icon color issue is fixed, however box shadows seem to be broken, I’m not getting box shadows on any buttons or view selectors, not even on individual lights with color/temp values like before. I’ve tried a few different settings, and no dice.

Could you please share a screenshot and show the settings you have set in the HKI Theme Settings?

Edit, There are 2 types of box-shadows. One is specific for lights, and one is for all the others (including view_selector). There are a few things that you must be sure of:

• Do you use the HKI Custom Themes? If not, none of the settings in the theme selector will work, so check this
  • Did you set any specific type in the button addon (like type: rgb)? If not, note that ONLY lights that have either rgb or color-temp as it’s type can use the lights box shadow, else it will simply use the other value (which is the box shadow for everything else).

In the following image you can see I added a type to the lights used in the button addon

Yup, theme is set, I’m seeing other changes in real time, so I know I’m good there. I did end up getting the box shadow working on light buttons using active icon value, but it isn’t dynamic to the brightness like it was before. I’ll grab some screen shots and code when I get home to my computer.

It seems like mushroom cards are a great way to augment the fantastic toolset that is HKI (a kind of best of both worlds if you ask me) BUT I’m an idiot and can’t figure out how to manipulate the colors on the mushroom cards to match my theming. Would I change the slider variables in the default HKI theme file? I messed around a little bit but can’t get the slider colors to change. Any help from CSS/Mushroom/Lovelace masters out there would be appreciated!

If you want to be able to use the HKI theme editor all you need to do is add the HKI class to your card

- type: custom:mushroom-card
  card_mod:
    class: hki

Not all will be styled correctly, but you can add styles with card mod.

Edit: I see you were talking about the sliders. My bad

oh wow, so it is just that easy? If I add the hki class to the card, will that give me the ability to change the slider color by adjusting the default hki theme file, or are sliders locked down until further releases?

Well, simple styling yes. However I would not touch the HKI theme files since they will be overwritten on each update.

You can however set the default HKI styling (which is decided by the theme you have currently set, and it will for the most part follow the settings you change in the Theme Selector). If you need more styling do it like this:

- type: custom:mushroom-card
  card_mod:
    class: hki
    style: |
      ha-card {
        background: green !important;
      }

You can add more lines to the styles part if you want

style: |
      ha-card {
        background: green !important;
        box-shadow: none !important;
        --paper-item-icon-color: red !important;
      }

@jimz011 Hi Jim, hope all is well. Qq - can I add tap action to cal card to pop up hourly forecast/more info like the standard cal card does? Thought I’d ask before I start messing up my home screen :wink:

What is the cal card? Calendar?

Ya, sorry, calendar card.

@jimz011 Do you know how I can install the color light bulb popup? When I click on my lights, they dont give me an option.

What option? Does it show you anything at all? If not make sure to install the light popup card.

If it only shows a slider, add a type to your entity as described in the docs. This will force a light to be seen as such.

I just get a toggle, but my lights are dimmable and color.

Mentioned here

Have you any idea why these icons do not open (as in your videos) when i click or double click them?

icons

Download the latest button card (make sure you check show beta versions

I downloaded “v3.5.0-dev.1”. Restarted HA, and still not working?

Clear cache

OK, that worked. Now to get to the HKI settings? I cannot scroll right within those icons?