Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

HI Jim! Been awhile since I’ve been on, as my dashboard was working as needed. I was doing a ton of updates across HA today and noticed that v2022.4.1 was available! Hooray for updates :slight_smile: I can’t find any docs on what was updated in 4.1? Anything cool or just bugs? Thanks for all your work on this! -Evan

You can find all the release notes on the releases page

1 Like

Both requests are currently not available. Sorry about that, I don’t have time to work on this project currently so I won’t be adding new features soon. The dashboard has most bugs worked out as it stands and works past most HA updates, that is what stands out the most about this dashboard compared to others.

again thank you for taking the time to reply, Ill have to try something else to get the theromastat working as intended or can it be put inside a button?

You could recreate the image by first using the thermostat addon and set 3 columns.
Next create the button addon after that and also set it to 3 columns, but hide the title.

That should give you roughly the same result (at least on a phone).
On a desktop it is also possible by using one of the layout features (this is pretty advanced stuff however, by using grid areas and such).

is there no way just to specify the thermostat pop up in the button addon?, been doing ok so far adapting things

ill figure out the gapping between them once I have added everything, baby steps

Yes that is possible, you can define custom hold actions, though it will require some yaml knowledge and know how to implement the popup card. If you go to the addons section of my repo and click on button you should see the extra requirements at the top. It has a link to the original creators repo and instructions of how to implement it.

How did you solve this error?
I’m getting same error after moving 2022.6.7 to 2022.7.6

Thanks

Easy one here, is it possible to turn off the nav bar so it doesn’t extend to other dashboards but still change its color and location on the HKI dash?

Unfortunately that is not possible since the navigation bar is embedded in the theme files. What you could do however is force a different theme on your other dashboards. It doesn’t really matter what theme to use as long as it is not any of the HKI themes.

You can force themes by adding a line to your dashboard (I do not remember exactly what that was though)

Thanks, good idea! I’ll see if I can figure out how to force a theme to a dashboard. I tried just adding theme: xthemex to the raw config under title, but no luck.

I looked it up for you, try adding the code to your views (I believe it is a per view setting).

You can find more info here

You can change themes per view in the UI as well. But HKI still overrides the nav bar.

There is a workaround, that would be turning off the hki nav bar in the settings (it would then just default to the standard navbar).

I do not know if the following is possible yet, but if it is, you could create a script that turns off the hki nav bar when you navigate to another dashboard. This is quite complex and do not know if this is feasible at all currently.

Lastly you could create a shortcut button on your other dashboard that turns the HKI nav bar off. Not the nicest option, but it is one that will work (obviously you would need to create a similar button in HKI or else you would always need to go back into the HKI settings to enable it again.

As the navbar uses css within a theme there is no way to cut this from the code without removing all of its HKI functionalities. If I find a replacement that would separate this I will definitely implement it. But I don’t think this will come any time soon if at all.

@jimz011 Is there a way to make the thermostat look like and function like the default HA thermostat card?

Nest Thermostat Default

sorry to be a pain, just after a bit of a clue were to look, on my wall tablet the star page is always only 2 columns no matter which one is set, so my main view is the home, with picture elements a few other things and it shows as two columns only so you have to scroll down yet on other browsers it shows as 3 and no scrolling needed. All the rest show as 3.

but if I change start page in fully to say living room (another view) the home becomes 3 columns wide and the livinging room starts as two… is their a setting I am missing?

I’m pretty new to working with yaml but I have been able to hack together a decent looking dashboard using jimz011 and others existing code. I’m getting to a point now where I’m trying implement more custom integrations in my home. I have a home weather station that I would like to set up a view for, witch would consist of nothing more than an iframe (linked to an existing weather dashboard) in panel mode so it takes up the whole screen under the header. For the life of me, I cant figure out how to implement panel mode within HKI. I can get the iframe to show up within a card, but the card will never change no matter what I put in yaml. If someone would provide me an example of how to use panel mode with HKI, I would really appreciate it! Thanks…

Actually HKI already runs in panel mode. If I read this correctly, then you want your iframe to extend the entire page correct?

Since by default it will apply a layout on your view you should edit the layout with the layout addon. If you could share the code for that view/room than I can show you how.

Would there be an update of Homekit Infused 5 for the new browser mod 2.0?

Yes, but it takes a bit of work since some features no longer work in browsermod 2.0.

Expect a fix this week.