Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Ah, so strange, I have the same version as you and I can’t get any buttons or badges to to fire the pop up…the only thing left that it could be is something to do with identifying the correct browser to pop the pop up on, that looks like the first line in the error in console, something about not finding the prefix or browser id. UGH…I just want my dashboard to work again…then, like an idiot, I updated to the latest release to see if that would help and now I have annoying white borders on every single card on every single dashboard. AAAHHHHHHHH

Yeah HA 2022.11 is not fully supported yet. Though you wont have to wait long, I’ll be updating the project this weekend.

Hello everyone, the update is almost ready, it will have a lot of fixes, 6 new addons and 4 new themes. Expect the release today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Thanks. I assume as usual it will be a nice improvement :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ohhh fun! New add ons and themes, it’s dashboard refresh time!

Here are two of them, but more are coming. I hope I have them done by tomorrow.

Teaser:

1 Like

Tease the add-ons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::hugs:

They are just core addons for now (I still don’t have much time, but I believe I packed quite a punch in this update).
Addons that will be added are:

• Markdown
  • Shopping List
  • Humidifier
  • Statistic
  • Tile
  • Areas

Remember that these are all the same as core (but prestyled for HKI).

Addons that have gotten new options:

• Gauge (segments and needle are now available)
  • Simple Weather (You can now set a custom list)
  • Thermostat (You can now show the state instead of HVAC_mode in the label)

New options:

• You can now create and save themes (temporarily), you can save one dark and one light theme
  • You can quickly load saved themes
  • 4 new themes have been added
  • New shortcuts in the profile menu
  • Profile menu now shows a progress bar (some people found it not so obvious that the profile menu is scrollable)

Fixes:

• A lot of theme fixes where some settings would do nothing in certain modes or states.
  • Obviously the HA 2022.11.x border issue has been fixed.

Quality of Life:

• Themes now have a button to show all the set variables at once (this is great for sharing themes) or see below
  • The dark and light empty scripts are now in the same order as the new group button (for easy copy/pasting into your own script).

Probably more, but I’ll mention everything in the full release notes, (teased enough?)

You’re the man! Appreciate all your work on this project, I know we all owe you a few beers!

1 Like

HKI 2022.6.0

*November Release

It’s been a while again since this got updated (but hey, luckily it has been stable for months now). HA 2022.11.x changed some stuff so I had to come back and do some fixes. While I made quite the bugfixes for this release there are also a few new features you will probably enjoy!

Changes:

• Fixed bug where the Find My page would not show the map (this problem will still occur occasionally, but it is a lot better than not loading at all)
  • Fixed issue where all cards would show its borders regardless of settings when updating to HA 2022.11.x
  • Added thermostat label option (some thermostats do not output their attributes the same way and use their state instead, you can now switch between those modes if your thermostats require that)
  • Fixed some styling in the profile menu when used with the default (non customizable) theme.
  • Fixed some styling on the HKI Settings page
  • Fixed issue where thermostat icon color would not change when the state was ‘off’
  • Fixed issue where the text on a button with a mini-graph as sensor would not change despite the set color
  • Added 5 new themes: Paper White, Midnight Black, Orange Sunrise, Orange Sunset and Sweet Pink (Only available through the HKI Settings). 2 of them are new, the other 3 are themes from HKI 4 and below that finally made it back and now ported for HKI 5. As with all themes in HKI 5, you can edit them in real-time and adjust it to your likings!
  • Added 1 user theme: Purple Blur (users might have found this already in the settings in the last version of HKI, it wasn’t mentioned in the last notes). A very special thanks to @msinfo for creating this theme.
  • The Purple Blur theme is now considered a dark theme and can no longer be selected as a light theme.
  • Added theme options to save a custom made light and dark theme (and load it later). This is ideal for creating themes and quickly switching back.
  • Added buttons to show all theme variables in a list (this makes it easier to share themes with each other)
  • Changed the default layout from custom:masonry to custom:horizontal-layout.
  • You can now set text transform on the label of a button via the HKI Theme Settings, previously it would capitalize the first letter of each word by default
  • You can now use custom entities in the weather (simple-weather) addon as mentioned in the simple-weather-card documentation, previously this feature was missing from this addon
  • Fixed an issue where setting some options on the button addon would do nothing (e.g. setting show_last_changed false when using a sensor or binary sensor would simply ignore the setting and show the last_changed status regardless)
  • Added segments options for gauge, needle can now be set as well.
  • You can now add all missing energy cards in the energy addon.
  • Added 6 core cards to addons, area_card, markdown, tile, statistics_card, humidifier and shopping_list.
  • Added new shortcuts to the profile menu
  • Added visual aid in the profile menu (in the form of a progress bar) so that it’s more clear that there are more shortcuts than just the 5.
  • Numerous smaller bugfixes that didn’t make this list (as in, not important enough to mention).

For screenshots of the new themes click here

BREAKING CHANGES!

• The statistics addon has been renamed to statistics_graph, if you use this addon then you must rename it!

NOT A BREAKING CHANGE!

• The default HKI layout has changed from masonry to horizontal. This should solve the problem when refreshing the page it would render a desktop view in tablet mode. It does change the behaviour of card placement, however you can change it back per view to the masonry layout if desired.

How to update?

Always make a backup of your setup before updating to a new version! You have been warned!

Download the release and copy/replace the following folders:

• /hki-base/
  • /packages/

Restart Home Assistant and done! Enjoy!

Looking for example code? Check out my personal repo so you can take examples from it, click here

1 Like

Homekit Infused v2022.6.1

Changes:

• Fixed issue when using dark themes where you would not be able to see the code in e.g. developer-tools, gui card builder and other places where code could be entered.

How to update?

Always make a backup of your setup before updating to a new version! You have been warned!

• /hki-base/
  • /packages/

Looking for example code? Check out my personal repo so you can take examples from it, click here

Update went smooth, and BONUS, your HKI update somehow fixed my pop-up issue. Works like a charm now, not sure what the change was, but stoked I’m back up and running! Thanks again!

1 Like

Homekit Infused v2022.6.2

Changes:

• Fixed issue introduced in HKI 2022.6.0 where the default number of columns was set to two, this was not meant to be changed so it has been reverted. As a reminder, you can always hardcode the amount of columns within a specific addon. This is the reason it didn’t occur to me right away.

How to update?

• /hki-base/
  • /packages/

1 Like

Homekit Infused v2022.6.3

Changes:

• Fixed bug when using the button addon and having the type set to fan would not change the button to a fan type
  • Fixed bug in the plant-sensor addon, this addon is no longer broken
  • Slight theme fixes
  • Thermostats can now be added as a type in the button addon, this allows you to have thermostats in your button stacks (previously with the thermostat addon you could only show thermostats in that stack). With this thermostats will also have most button addon options available to them now (previously you could only set a few parameters for the way your thermostat looked). This also means custom labels, state_display and much more.

UPCOMING BREAKING CHANGES:

• The default thermostat addon might be removed in the future as it is much more customizable in a button addon. However not all features have been tested properly yet, so I will keep this addon around at least until 2022.8.x, that means 2 major updates (and with the speed of major updates coming to HKI this might still be a long time).

How to update?

• /hki-base/
  • /packages/

I rolled back on this one, sent my layout all over the place :frowning:

Could you be more specific?

Edit, if you are referring to the fact that cards are placed differently now, that was mentioned in the breaking changes.

If you want the old layout style back you will need to add the following lines to every view:

# views.yaml
  living_room:
    layout:
      layout_type: custom:masonry-layout

This will return the layout for that view to the way it was pre HKI 2022.6.x

Is it possible to use kiosk mode from hacs to remove the footer for a particular user? I have a wall mounted tablet that I log into using it’s own user name and would like to only see the view I created.

Hi, So i am going to give HKI another go. I really didnt get it the first time but i have been using HA for a while and thought i would set it up.

I have spun up a new HA VM all fresh. I have installed HKI and rebooted. I see the HKI menu. Am i missing something? I didnt see popup-card on the list of requirements.

@McFarTech please check out the solution for this here:

Thanks Jim. That error message has now gone.