HomeKit "No Response" all of the sudden

Heya!

I’m not really sure what happened, from one day to another all devices in the Home app simply keep saying “No Response”. I’ve already enabled IGMP now on pfSense according to the Wiki page, but this didn’t resolve anything.
However I did notice when I rebooted pfSense that, for a short minute while all HomeKit devices were saying “Updating…” I could control them just fine, but when it fully got internet connection back it’s now back to the described status.
I also couldn’t find anything in the logs so far, but maybe I missed something? Not too sure what to check for ^^"

I also have an iPad at home that is acting as a bridge (apparently?), but it doesn’t matter if it’s turned on or off. The only other Apple device I have is my iPhone, I have no other Apple devices that could act as a bridge.

Thanks already for your help!

1 Like

I have two Apple TV4ks acting as bridges, I have pfSense as well, and the same thing is recently happening to me.

Did you ever get this resolved?

I recently switched from OpenHAB to HA and things worked perfectly for about two days, but then all non-Apple-devices went “No response” and no reloading or restarting of HA makes any difference.

Sadly no, it only sporadically seems to work and nobody on the Home Assistant Discord was able to help really either…

mine turned out to be an mDNS replication issue between VLANs, since most of my “smart” devices are on a separate wifi / vlan than my apple TVs