Homekit reversing curtain status

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced issues with entities showing up in Homekit via HASS Bridge as the opposite state?

My Curtains work correctly and as expected in Home Assistant but in Homekit to close them i have to open them and vice-versa.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Same boat. I’ve found nothing in the documentation for Homekit, cover, template cover, …

Success!

I did nothing to the actual device’s link with Home Assistant (which happens to be zigbee).

What I did was:

1. Commented out the entity from the include_entities: list in HomeKit’s config (I only explicitly add devices, no catch-all becasue HomeKit gets infested by booleans and such)
  2. Restart HA
  3. Reopen HK until the cover is gone
  4. Un-comment the cover entity (effectively include it) in HomeKit’s config
  5. Restart HA
  6. Wait for HK again

Voilà! Both interfaces share the same logic.

Thanks for the tip @sarrchini. I tried it, but to no avail. The problem with me is weird. It’s only the voice command that’s not working. The representation in HA and HK is fine. Only problem there is the curtains are represented as a roller blind. But to open I have to say: close curtain and vice versa. I could live with that if the voice command worked.

I’ll set a reminder @bogus when I get back home in about 2 weeks.
I’ve never used voice commands but I’ll test it out and tell you the outcome. I assume you mean you ask Siri to open and close.

Yes, exactly. For completeness sake, my config is here: Switch-Bot API integration - #82 by bogus TIA @sarrchini

Alrght, got home later than forecasted. I think it mught be device specific? Just tested my blinds with HA/Home App/Siri and it behaves as expected. I must say that my curtains are controlled by a zigbee device that reports %open/closed so there’s no template involved or anything. Sorry I can’t be of more help…

Thanks for checking! Too bad our cases are a little different. It’s a only minor annoyance.