HomeKit & Unifi - HA not showing up (Solved!)

For the record:

If you have a Unifi network and you activate the HomeKit functionality on Home Assistant, remember to add the MAC address of the host where HA is installed to the list of the wired hosts that are allow to broadcast on the Wi-Fi network. This is found under your Unifi network setup: settings --> Wireless Networks --> (edit your Wi-Fi network) --> Advanced Options --> Multicast and Broadcast Filtering.

If you do not do so and “Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data” is active, your HA will not show up on the HomeKit app after entering the pin_code.

NB: For better performance on the Wi-Fi network, I would recommend you to keep the “Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data” option active.

I get this is a super old topic, but… I couldn’t figure out what you’re saying here. Still able to elaborate?

On the Unifi Controller go to: Settings -> Wireless Networks -> edit Wi-Fi network -> Advanced Options if “Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data” is enabled then you need to add the MAC address of the HA host to the list.

1 Like

What does this mean?