Homematic - CCU2 Connection seems not to work

Hello,

I actually have to switch from an old homematic version ( 0.103.0) to the actual one. But this seems to be hard work.

First of all, I do not get the connection to my homematic CCU2 running. I have my old homeassistant installation up and running and it can access the CCU2 without problems - so the homematic should be ok.
I want to make the new homeassisant instance working, before shutting down the old one.

I now have a clean fresh installation in a separate VM and the configuration.yaml looks like this:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Homematic Section
homematic:
  interfaces:
    rf:
      host: 192.168.178.22
      resolvenames: json
      username: Admin
      password: *******

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

IMHO it should connect to the homematic CCU2 and show my enttites connected to it. But nothing happens.
I even do not get any errors.

I updated the CCU2 to the newest firmware. I think the homematic config in the YAML is according to the docs and I have no idea what to do.

Perhaps someone can help?

A few extra info:

arch x86_64
dev 	false
docker 	false
hassio 	false
installation_type 	Home Assistant Core
os_name 	Linux
os_version 	5.4.0-47-generic
python_version 	3.8.2
timezone 	UTC
version 	0.115.2
virtualenv 	true
Lovelace
dashboards 	1
mode 	storage
resources 	0
views 	1

This is what I found according to homematic in the log, when starting with hass -v:

2020-09-21 11:51:24 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded homematic from homeassistant.components.homematic
2020-09-21 11:51:25 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up homematic
2020-09-21 11:51:25 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [pyhomematic._hm] Creating proxy rf. Connecting to 192.168.178.22:2001
2020-09-21 11:51:25 INFO (Thread-5) [pyhomematic._hm] Starting server at http://0.0.0.0:44785
2020-09-21 11:51:25 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [pyhomematic._hm] Proxy for homeassistant-rf initialized
2020-09-21 11:51:25 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain homematic took 0.1 seconds

Did you try starting the new HA while the old one is stopped? There might be a collision of the names HA uses to identify itself against the CCU. If both instances say their name is homeassistant-rf, then the CCU might be confused by that.
Alternatively you can rename the rf in in the new config to something else. It should just be different from the other machine.

edit:

SOLUTION:
I now figured out the solution. The problem is, when using a HA instance on Kubuntu inside VMWare Workstation Player, the connection to CCU2 does only work, when the VM Network is set to “Bridged”.

Thanks for help anyways, so I could be sure, that the configuration.yaml is not the problem.