HomeMatic central based on OCCU on hass.io, where is the panel

I managed to activate the homematic occu addon on my hass.io. According to the documentation https://home-assistant.io/addons/homematic/ I should be able to learn new device on
“our internal homematic panel”.

Well where do I find this panel?

1 Like

For others that search it too: there is no such panel yet. But I managed to add my devices using that homematic manager and simply connecting it to hass’ occu. Everything is working fine and the sensors are added to hass instantly.

Hi, thanks for updating your post :slight_smile:
But where did you install that homematic manager? (on hassio, dedicated client or component…?)
could you probably post a screenshot of the gui or is it also only working with config files.
My goal would be to get rid off my dedicated raspberryMatic and have everything managed on one Raspberry with hassio and OCCU…

Homematic manager is a desktop application probably written in Java as there are packages for Windows and Osx (and I think Linux too). It’s just a pretty “boring” UI.

Hi, could you please describe how you managed it?
I see the devices in Homematic Manager, but they don’t appear in Home Assistant.

Hm, well did you check if the device is supported by HA’s homematic module? There is a list in the python module. I ask because my devices appeared instantly as binary sensors in HA after I added them with homematic manager.

I managed it on my own in the meantime.
Just changed „Bidcos-rf“ to „rf“ in the Homematic configuration part.
Thank you for your reply!

yes. I changed the docu already since this was wrong.

how is your general impression working with homematic and hass? is homematic still a good idea when you are setting up a new house from scratch? i am certain to use hass for management of all smart components due to the flexibility and the strong community support - but i can´t tell if homematic is state of the art?

It works quite well with Hass. Also they make great hardware. But I’m using several different systems here like zwave, light link ZigBee, mqtt/WiFi and here Hass is perfect because it doesn’t care which system is being used.

1 Like

Hi Rotbarsch,

I installed the addon homematic occu successfully too and downloaded the homematic manager for Windows.

It found the OCCU and a switch after I pressed the configuration button in it. But I’m quite confused how to add them with the homematic manager? I can’t find any functionality to add something and the Application crashes from time to time.

Could you please describe how to add them in homematic manager? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
Joris

@joris.mocka
in the Homematic manager app got to “devices” and then press the “+” button in the menu on the bottom left side. Then you’ll have some time to put your Homematic device into the paring mode. Everything else happens automatically.

@rotbarsch
Left Bottom! Thank you very much! I had “dicke Tomaten auf den Augen” :wink:

Now I’m able to add devices and hass.io is able to present them in the web gui.

Have a great weekend!

@joris.mocka glad, I could help!

Hey guys,

@rotbarsch @joris.mocka

just thinking about having my occu running together with HA instead of using a separate device (homematic IP access point)

Can you please tell me if you used the USB stick or the gpio device on your raspberry and how you configured it properly?

Best,
Dirk

I’m using the gpio device. Since the ha occu doesn’t support Homematic IP, I installed a second raspberry with the module and raspberrymatic.

oh no - not really? the HA occu is not supporting homematic ip? thats really sad!

But yes I found it now: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/issues/499

Will then send this GPIO device back and order the usb stick … :confused:

Well the gpio module supports Homematic IP. It’s just that the HA add-on doesn’t. The USB module doesn’t support Homematic by hardware - only IP. I didn’t want to have two Homematic modules and therefore decided to use a second raspberry pi. Raspberrymatic is a bit 1999 UI but is well integrated into home assistant.

Thanks for info. If you have some minutes, maybe you can give me some answers here as I am struggling making a decision.

https://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49835

To answer the last two questions: Homematic is not a mesh network (as is ZigBee or Z-Wave). Therefore the powered devices won’t act as a “repeater”. This would be also a problem due to the duty cycle.

But the good thing is, that because of the low frequency used for physical layer on Homematic, it’s pretty robust in terms of reach, walls and what ever.

As for the updates: using raspberrymatic you’ll be able to update the firmware of your Homematic (IP) devices. Home assistat’s OCCU add-on can’t do this. That’s why I highly recommend using raspberrymatic.