Homematic heating - HMIP- WHS2

I have set up debmatic and successfully integrated it into homeassistant. The majority of my devices automatically appear as expected. This weekend however I installed hmip-whs2; a heating actuator.

Ideally I want to configure my heating setup in home assistant as opposed to on the CCU (specifically as direct linking of radiator valves to WHS2 is not possible).

However, for some reason the device (hmip-whs2) does not show up in home assistant. Reading other sources I see it is available in the HMIP-rest-api (cloud solution) - any suggestion on how to unlock it in the Homematic integration?

Many thanks!

I have not yet installed debmatic (but will do soon), but that does not matter as all the homematic stuff works the same way . You should be able to see the new device on the webinterface of the CCU (=debmatic). Can you confirm that? Otherwise Home Assistant won’t be able to detect it at all.

Yes it’s installed and can be operated on the CCU. I can also turn it on and off through a service call. I will need to add it to homematic.py somehow so the switch is picked up by HA. No experience with this though so may take a while before I have it working. Any tips/advice is much welcomed!

I just switched from Homegear to Debmatic and it works perfectly fine.
There is no need to modify any py files manually. Just make sure to follow Homematic - Home Assistant in order to add the integration. Restarting HA will add all homematic devices automatically then.

Hi, all my hmip devices show up in ha except for the hmip-whs2. Do you own a similar model? If so can you share output ?

Hi, I would like to add HmIP-WHS2 to HA instance and recognized that it is not supported by HA native homematic integration. Log file extract:

2021-06-16 21:47:26 DEBUG (SyncWorker_0) [pyhomematic._hm] RPCFunctions.createDeviceObjects: created 00195BE99F3905 as UNSUPPORTED device for HmIP-WHS2

I am not familiar with development of HA integrations, but I am more than happy to support. Anyone interested in working with me on the HA support for HmIP-WHS2?

Have a look at this issue regarding device support.

1 Like