Homematic HM-SEC-Key - not working after upgrading to 0.64 / 0.65

Since I’ve run through the updates of the two latest versions my Homematic lock (HM-SEC-Key) is not working anymore. I mentioned that my automation, to lock the door at night, had no effect on the lock at my door.

The lock is paired successful with homegear and is shown in the homematic config tool. What I tried is to unpair and reset the lock and start from skretch.

After the re-pairing of the device, it is shown in homeassistant as switch (like it was before), but it doesn’t respond on any command (on/off).

As I can see in the logfile of homegear, there is no action triggered if i use the on/off switch of the lock on the homeassistant gui.

Any hints? I have no idea what causes this behaviour due to the update of homeassistant.

There are actually two open PRs regarding KeyMatic deivces:

I allowed the needed changes in pyhomematic believing that it won’t take the developers long to get the HA side done. Unfortunately this has somehow stalled. If none of the two PRs get merged prior to the next release I will revert the relevant changes in pyhomematic to restore the previously working funktionality.

1 Like

I see, so there is a pull request of changing the KeyMatic to a lock device, instead of a switch.

Would this also be supported by the emulated hue bridge? I guess that it will be still published at switch within the hue component?

I don’t know about that. I have never used the emulated hue. If it supports locks, then yes. If not, then you would probably wrap the lock with some template switch that makes use of the lock entity.

Found it - it is supported, so I have to expose the lock domain in the future

any news about the changes @danielperna84 ?

The PR Security fix & lock for HomeMatic by PH89 · Pull Request #11980 · home-assistant/core · GitHub has been merged last night. It’s not part of the beta-release that’s available, but it’s flagged to be part of the 0.66 release. So in about one week the new lock component will be available.

after updating to 0.66.1 it’s working again using the lock component.

1 Like