Homematic(IP) Local - Reduce room temperature when a window or door is opened

The json_port needs to be configured, yes.
And in HomeMatic in the security settings port 80 also needs to be opened:

Regardless how i configure Raspberrymatic i am not able to set the window state for the climate!
My firewall was not restricted and i granted fully access! No i tried to limit the access and added the ports like described but the result is the same as before

Furthermore i am able to control all my Raspberrymatic devices with the Homematic Integration and i assume that this would not be possible if i have an issue with firewall or port settings.

So it must be something other which lead to this behaviour but what?

I might be wrong here, but I think I have heard before, that there are a few thermostats which don’t allow to set the open-state manually. Or at least not via the setValue in the backend, but instead with putParamset. However I don’t know where I have read that. In any case, this topic has been discussed here in the forums before. So a deeper search might provide some answers.

PS: If everything else is working, then your firewall isn’t the issue. It’s only a technical problem of which command you have to send to the device.

@danielperna84 Thank you for your contribution. But then i am wondering if the description of the Blueprint is correct? It says that any sensor can be used to control Homematic thermostat. I am using Homematic HM-CC-RT-DN thermostats.

@ciB So the Blueprint can really used for this type of thermostat?

@danielperna84 is right, I found a thread where it is stated that the HM-CC-RT-DN does not have an editable window_state. I guess you have to simply rely on changing the temperature then.

Hmm, ok, thats a pitty as the temperature does not go down to the configured window open temperature once the window sensor is open.

I can’t import the blueprint, getting “No valid blueprint found in the topic. Blueprint syntax blocks need to be marked as YAML or no syntax.”

I imported it manually to test it, but directly ran into an issue because I use three window sensors and one door sensor in our living room which all should affect the two thermostats. Would it be possible for you to implement this in the blueprint?

I’d really like to use the blueprint because it would declutter my automations, as well as using the native WINDOW_OPEN state instead of setting the heating mode and temperatures each time.

In this case it would probably be helpful if you create a template sensor first that checks for the states of the door and windows and use that one isntead.

Or maybe you could change the blueprint to allow selecting a group entity?

EDIT: Did the change myself and it’s working flawlessly :slight_smile:

I updated the blueprint to accept multiple binary_sensors.

1 Like

The Import Blueprint does not work for me. I’m getting “No valid blueprint found in the topic. Blueprint syntax blocks need to be marked as YAML or no syntax.”

I am observing the same issue.

I honestly do not know why the import is not working. It used to work, the blueprint also works. You can try adding it manually (copy&paste into your own blueprint file)

Thanks, yes I had imported it manually and it worked fine.

In case of any interest:

The HM-CC-RT-DN does indeed have a WINDOW_STATE parameter (CH 3) which i can successfully trigger via Homegear. I recently switched over to Raspberrymatic and now facing the problem you all mention here. It’s not possible anymore. Maybe It a limitation of Raspberrymatic BidCos protocol? It seems Raspberrymatic only allows a direct connection between climate door sensor while Homegear somehow allows a data point input.

https://ref.homegear.eu/device.html?directory=HomeMatic+BidCoS&file=rf_cc_rt_dn.xml&familyLink=homematicbidcos&name=HM-CC-RT-DN#affixSection3