Homematic IP missing attributes

I would like that HomematicIP integration will make some missing attributes available in the HASS entitiy.
As per now integration is adding one thermostat sensor per each thermostat (eTRV in my case) and this sensors report only the valve opening status in % and rssi data; then a climate entity is generate per each “room/group” defined in HmIP but the group does not have the current temperature but only mix/max/set.
this field “current_temperature” is populated ONLY if you have an external HmIP device that reads temperature and humidity. In setup like mine where I don’t use anythign beside eTRV it would be really handy to import on the current temperature which is read and available on each eTRV valve together with other missing field as per below:

I fetched the whole JSON myself and at least the below attributes shoudl be imported as quite relevant, specially the valve actual temperature.

• “temperatureOffset”:
  • "valveActualTemperature":
  • “valveState”:
  • “lowBat”:
  • “operationLockActive”:

Hi,

i created a PR and referenced your FR.
Let’s see what happens.

BR

Thanks for creating a FR. It’s always good to have an explanation why the current code should be extended.

BTW: If you like, report a bug to eq-3: HmIP-eTRV is fully covered by HeatingGroup. :wink:

BR

I already talked with eq-3 guys, form their perspective they made all data avail on the cloud, and it makes sense what they’ve done, reporting current temp/hum in the climate/group only if there a unique external source; having potentially multiple valves under the same group will make no sense to report this data (imagine 3 valves in same room like I do have, each reporting different temperature, what should be the number to report in the room data?)

Thanks for clarification.

PR is merged to dev now.
Should be available with 0.93.0

1 Like

What about operation modes? Those are also not displayed in HA, same as away mode. For example, I cannot use the “boost” mode from within HA.

Hi,

“boost” and “away mode” are currently not supported by the HA climate component, so we cannot implement it for HmIP Cloud.
There is a discussion going on the architecture repo, and based on that, a redesign is planned vor HA 1.0.

BR

1 Like

There is one more thing you might be able to help out with. The thermostats also have a “window open” mode, which detects if a window is open either by detecting a rapid temp decrease or by using the homematic window sensors. I use xiaomi sensors and a custom node red flow which works fine, but unfortunately I cannot turn off the window detect mode on my thermostat. And the problem is that when the thermostat switches to window open mode it locks it temperature to a preset for the next 15 minutes. Only changing the temp directly at the thermostat works, changes on the homematic App or via HA dont work properly (the temp just jumps back).

Is there a way to read and change the window open boolean somehow?

We should wait until this PR is finished. Maybe there is something covered.

The thermostat has no direct attribute for window open, only the heating group (room in hmip).
But i don’t know if the window open state of the thermostat is cover by the heatinggroup.

Maybe you could test the following:
Create config example like described in this issue.

Open a window.
Create another config.

The attribute window state of the related heating group might have been changed.

BR

It’s quite warm right now, I tried cooling my thermostat with ice-packs, which seemed to work, but after pulling the data, I realized that all my thermostats changed to 12 degrees (which it never has done before, since its also three different rooms). Have to retry tomorrow :smiley:

Looking forward to the new climate component.

I’ve implented the “window open mode” a few minutes ago using an automation, a script and the custom component “variables”. It reads the current target temperature from climate and sets it into the variable. After closing the window again it sends the value from the variable to the thermostat again. If you’re interested, here’s the code:

automation

- id: '15548169844332966246251792858818882'
  alias: Heizung SZ runter regeln
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.fensterkontakt_sz
    to: 'on'
    for: 00:00:05
  action:
  - service: script.turn_on
    entity_id: script.heizung_sz

-----------------------------

script

heizung_sz:
  alias: Heizung SZ regeln
  sequence:
  - service: variable.set_variable
    data:
      variable: temperatur_heizung_sz
      value_template: "{{states.climate.schlafzimmer.attributes.temperature}}"
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      entity_id: climate.schlafzimmer
      temperature: 12
  - wait_template: "{{states.binary_sensor.fensterkontakt_sz.state == 'off'}}"
  - delay: '00:00:10'
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data_template:
      entity_id: climate.schlafzimmer
      temperature: "{{states.variable.temperatur_heizung_sz.state}}"

I have something similar made with NodeRed, the problem still is though when Homematic detects an open window on the thermostat directly, changing the temperature will not working for the next 15 minutes unless I directly change it on the thermostat… I contacted Homematic and asked whether this is a bug, but I didn’t get any reply…

But how does the Homatic IP Cloud know of the open window when you’re using a Xiaomi sensor?

The radiator thermostat itself detects the temperature drop and goes to a preset temperature (12 degree celsius in my case; you can change it in the app). You cannot turn of this feature.
That is not a big problem, the real problem is that when updating temperatures from Home Assistant, the radiator thermostat will stick to its 12 degree for its unchangeable 15 minutes. It then switches back to whatever temperature it had before (or was set in the meantime).

So there is an internal setting/variable in the thermostat that represents the “window open detection”. But I don’t think it actually shares that setting with the outside - the app does not display any information about that either. Changing the temperature directly on the thermostat sets the “window open detection” to false again (as it then works as usual).

1 Like