HomeMatic IP Motion Sensor not transmitting detection

Hi!

I’ve connected my RaspberryMatic to HA using the following configuration in configuration.yaml:

homematic:
  interfaces:
    ip:
      host: 192.168.2.3
      port: 2010
      jsonport: 80
      ssl: false
      verify_ssl: false
      resolvenames: "json"
      username: "Admin"
      password: "redacted"
  hosts:
    ccu3:
      port: 2001

I have a single HMIP Motion Sensor attached to it which HA discovered nicely. However, HA doesn’t recognize any motion detection. Checking RaspberryMatic I can confirm motion being detected, meaning the device itself is working fine, it’s just not ending up in HA.

In addition (but maybe totally unrelated), I’m getting the following error in my logs:

Entity homematic.ccu3 (<class 'homeassistant.components.homematic.entity.HMHub'>) does not have a platform, this may be caused by adding it manually instead of with an EntityComponent helper, please create a bug report at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue

Am I missing some configuration?
Any help is highly appreciated!

I recommend switching to the new integration: GitHub - danielperna84/custom_homematic: Custom Home Assistant Component for HomeMatic

Thanks for the hint.

1. Is the old (native?) one broken or why the need for a custom component?

2. In your README you state that the CCU must be able to start a new connection to the system running HA and to the port. I’m running HA in a Docker container with only select ports passed through (no host mode). Sounds like that would break it?!

I just found a solution:

What broke it was the fact that I only opened specific ports for my HA Docker container. Switching it to network_mode: host solved it but for some reason broke / slowed the Unicast connection with my Shellys.

So I ended up tweaking my config as follows:

homematic:
  local_port: 8060
  interfaces:
    ip:
      port: 2010
      jsonport: 80
      ssl: false
      verify_ssl: false
      resolvenames: "json"
      callback_ip: 192.168.2.2
      callback_port: 8060
  hosts:
    ccu3:
      port: 2001

(note the added local_port and callback_ parts)

while at the same time of course passing port 8060 into the Docker container.

Everything is working as supposed now!

It’s not broken, but outdated and unmaintained. Support for new devices won’t be added, and the new integration is A LOT better in many ways.

How would I install this in my Docker container? Do I just copy&paste custom_components/homematicip_local into my local custom_components/ folder?

I would suggest to use HACS, as this will make it easy to update the integration in the future. Here’s a pretty good walkthrough on how to set up HACS and the new HomeMatic integration: HomeAssistant Integration · jens-maus/RaspberryMatic Wiki · GitHub