Homematic IP Shutter- / Cover status inverted?

Hi all,

I’ve noticed, that my Homematic IP Switch for my Windows Covers is showing the current status inverted to what I see from Homematic IP.

When the cover is open, Homematic IP is showing 0% - Homeassistant is showing 100%
When the cover is closed, Homematic IP is showing 100% and Homeassistant shows 0%

Open / closing the Cover is working fine in Homeassistant - so basically, it is working fine - but I would like to swith the status just as it is shown in Homematic IP.

I’ve found this issue in Github:

But it seems that this was already closed…

Homematic IP Device:
HmIP-BROLL

Homematic IP Integration with Accesspoint

Homeassistant System

arch x86_64
dev false
docker false
hassio false
installation_type Home Assistant Core
os_name Linux
os_version 5.4.44-1-pve
python_version 3.7.3
timezone Europe/Berlin
version 0.111.4
virtualenv true
Entität Zustand Attribute
cover.rollladen_gross_wohnzimmer open current_position: 100
model_type: HmIP-BROLL
rssi_device: -60
rssi_peer: -58
id: 3014F711A0001118A9A59B4D
is_group: false
friendly_name: großes Fenster
icon: hass:window-shutter-alert
supported_features: 15

I’ve seen that there is an option to invert the state, set_tilt_position:

Service cover.set_cover_tilt_position

Set cover tilt position of one or multiple covers.

Service data attribute Optional Description
entity_id yes String or list of strings that point at entity_id ’s of covers. Use entity_id: all to target all.
tilt_position no Integer between 0 and 100.

But I haven’t found out, how I could use this… and I am not sure, if this is really what I am searching for - I would like to have the status shown as 0% for open, and 100% for closed just everywhere, where I am using that device / these devices.

Thanks and with best regards,
Christoph

Hello I have the same issue with Raspberry PI 4 and Home Assistant OS 5.12

Please have look at the dev docs.

The current position of cover where 0 means closed and 100 is fully open.

So the integration is consistent with home-assistant.

BR

The integration seems to be consitent and is working.
the thing is only how Homematic IP is displaying the Shutter Position compared with HomeAssistant.

In Homematic IP the Shutter position OPEN is = 0%
a fully closed shutter is shown with 100%

This means:
A shutter, which is set to 60% closed in Homematic IP will be shown as 40% closed in HomeAssistant…

A diffrent semantics in a vendor App is no reason for a change in HA.
You can use a cover template to change it in your installation.

1 Like

Hi SukramJ,
I agree and I am fine with it :slight_smile:

The initial question from my side was, how to use the “titl_position” from the HMIP_BROLL / Cover Entity
Do you know, if there’s an example somewhere, where I can see how the tilt_position can be used?

Hi, wanted to ask if you have already found a solution to your problem, I would be interested. Do you also have other Homematic devices that are battery operated and how did you solve the problem with the batteries because at 2.2 volts these are already empty under Homematic, which does not necessarily correspond to 0%.

Hi Bimbo007,

To be honest:
At that time, I have made different experiments with my homeassistant installation - which resulted in unstable set ups, and so on.
Therefore, I have made several new installations until I came to a point, where the system was working quite stable.

I did not check the Shutter issue during that period, and since then, I haven’t faced any further issues.
Right now, HomeAssistant is still showing 100% Shutter position, while it is fully open - the Homematic IP is showing 0% - so, yes, the issue is still there - but I don’t care much about it :slight_smile:

Related to your other questions:
Yes, I am running different other Homematic IP components here.
Several smoke detectors, light switches and dimmer… Window Sensors and Thermostats.

I haven’t yet integrated anything reacting on the battery status for such devices… but I could see, that everytime, when the Homematic IP App is getting a “battery warning” signal, the corresponding sensor will switch to “low battery” state.
But then it will switch back to “normal”

grafik

I think, you could react somehow when the sensor does switch to “battery low”… to display a warning - or send a notification… but also, I need to say, that the battery warning does come very early for homematic ip - and the device is still working pretty much as expected for a certain period of time.
I don’t remember, when the first warning for the sensor above was shown - but it was probably two weeks ago … ? still the device is working without any further issues… so again, this is something - I don’t really care about at the moment.

at the moment, my focus is more about the integrations of my energy measurements and solar production…

And maybe, the Homematic IP will be replaced with other solutions at some point…

@CChris

Do you have a solution for this Problem? I have exactly the same problem that in home assistant the shutter height is different to Homematic IP app height.

When a shuter is open to 4 % in HmIP then this shutter is shown in home assistant as 96 % open instead of 4 %.

How can I change this in home assistant?

Hi

honestly, I haven’t found a good solution for that - but I don’t use the Homematic IP Integration anymore, since I switched completely to Homematic (IP) local (HACS integration) and running a RaspberryMatic CCU.

It is still the same how the Shutter will be displayed - 100% is open… but I don’t use any Homematic IP app - so it doesn’t bother me at all…