Homematic ip

Rssi is signal strength. What does the state say?

Will mean that your componet does not load in my ENV as already suspected. But actually the install is pretty much forward. Im on release 0.66 in a docker container. Custom_compontents folder in ./homeassistant besides so all other config stuff.

state is always set to OK.

The rssi value always changes depending on whether the door is open or closed.

See below. That should be displayed.

Need to double check my custom config. Thx for all sanders.

hi @sanders,

can you please tell me if Homematic IP system requires cloud or internet access to work ?

Iā€™m looking for a reliable system that can be used with or without internet access (in few months I would love to cut any internet access to every hub in my house).

Thank you in advance

If you use the HomeMatic IP Access Point you have to use this component. This requires cloud connectivity.
If you choose to go with the CCU2/3, Homegear or RaspberryMatic, you can use this component, which works offline.

1 Like

Homegear or RaspberryMatic are required to work?

RaspberryMatic replaces a CCU2/3. Itā€™s a selfmade CCU essentially. Homegear uses other Hardware and emulates the part of the CCU that allows to communicate with the devices. So youā€™re good if you have ONE of these:

• CCU 2 or 3
  • RaspberryMatic
  • Homegear
1 Like

So I can save A LOT of money. Thatā€™s a good news indeed!

I saw that homegear can run on docker so I can avoid another device in my busy lan.

Last question I swear:

where I can find a guide, a video (in english) to see the differents steps?

Thank you!

Well, you still need some sort of wireless-module that Homegear supports. But if thatā€™s USB, then yes, you donā€™t have another device on your LAN.

I donā€™t use Homegear. But there should be approximately 1466835186651 howtoā€™s available at google. :wink:

EDIT:
If you want to use hass.io you can also use the HomeMatic addon: https://www.home-assistant.io/addons/homematic/

Daniel is absolutely right. About saving money:

https://www.lidl.de/de/einfach-sicher-smart-home-ab-26-11/c23333

A homematic ip system in disguiseā€¦

1 Like

Hello

I am new and use Hass.io with the Homematic IP plugin. I would like to use the HmIP-SPI, but this sensor is not recognized. Can someone help me there?

Thank you

how to activate the ā€œboostā€ function for my heaters?

Daniel, last question I swear:

I saw on the net many Thermo valves, someone branded Homematic and someone (more advanced) branded Homematic IP. Do you know if both works with CCU3-Homegear?

Thank you in advance!

https://www.homematic-ip.com/produkte/detail/smart-home-zentrale-ccu3.html

#6: yes

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey there. I am currently having a bit trouble with my homematic integration.
Most my devices are not IP devices. But I have one thermostat that is IP and now that I wanted to automate it, I noticed that itā€™s not listed in home-assistant. Everything else is there.
Hereā€™s my config (I also tried it without the port in the ip sectionā€¦ no change). Is there an obvious problem there? I copied it from somewhere here on the HA-website.
Alsoā€¦ just for me to understand. Is everything here needed? Is the host -> ccu part needed? What is it for?

homematic:
  interfaces:
    wireless:
      host: 192.168.1.100
    ip:
      port: 2010
  hosts:
    ccu2:
      username: <user>
      password: <pw>

EDIT: after some more investigation I saw that the thermostat was in HA before. I had a reference to it on my Climate pageā€¦ but itā€™s gone. So I guess my config should be okā€¦
Any idea how to debug where itā€™s gone or why itā€™s not listed any more?

The config is ok. You need the port for the IP-Devices because they are made available on a different port on the CCU. So thatā€™s fine.
The host section provides you with an additional entity in Home Assistant. It has the System Variables as attributes and also counts the Service Messages. That way you can use the variables on the CCU in HA for automations. They are refreshed every minute.

I donā€™t know how to get back your climate-entity. Maybe itā€™s hidden via customization. Have a look at the entity registry and see if you find something that indicates what the problem is.