HomePod mini connection issue

Hello everyone

Is the first time I’m writing in the forum. Please, help me understand if I’m using it properly. Thanks to everyone for any suggestion or advice!

I’m having some issues connecting my HomePod mini to HA.
The HomePod is auto detected by HA and added to Apple TV native integration.
The device keep trying to configure without success.

I already restarted the HomePod, HomeAssistant Green and Router many times.

I removed the HomePod from HomeKit and added again: same issue.

Error Log:

Logger: pyatv.protocols.airplay
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/init.py:359
First occurred: 15 dicembre 2023 alle ore 19:18:11 (441 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:32:30

Failed to set up remote control channel
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py”, line 463, in send_and_receive
await pending_request.event.wait()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/locks.py”, line 213, in wait
await fut
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py”, line 462, in send_and_receive
async with async_timeout.timeout(timeout):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 141, in aexit
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 228, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
TimeoutError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/init.py”, line 348, in _connect_rc
await session.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/ap2_session.py”, line 70, in connect
self.verifier = await verify_connection(self._credentials, self.connection)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/auth/init.py”, line 104, in verify_connection
has_encryption_keys = await verifier.verify_credentials()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/airplay/auth/hap_transient.py”, line 48, in verify_credentials
await self.http.post(“/pair-pin-start”, headers=_AIRPLAY_HEADERS)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py”, line 432, in post
return await self.send_and_receive(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/support/http.py”, line 474, in send_and_receive
raise TimeoutError(f"no response to {method} {uri} ({protocol})") from ex

Logger: homeassistant.components.apple_tv
Source: components/apple_tv/init.py:227
Integration: Apple TV (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15 dicembre 2023 alle ore 19:18:16 (440occurrences)
Last logged: 09:32:35

Failed to connect

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/mrp/protocol.py”, line 275, in _receive await semaphore.acquire() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/locks.py”, line 387, in acquire await fut asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/apple_tv/init.py”, line 227, in connect_once await self._connect(conf, raise_missing_credentials) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/apple_tv/init.py”, line 329, in _connect self.atv = await connect(conf, self.hass.loop, session=session) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/init.py”, line 155, in connect await atv.connect() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/core/facade.py”, line 684, in connect if await setup_data.connect(): ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/mrp/init.py”, line 1092, in _connect await protocol.start() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/mrp/protocol.py”, line 146, in start self.device_info = await self.send_and_receive( ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/mrp/protocol.py”, line 262, in send_and_receive return await self._receive(identifier, timeout) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyatv/protocols/mrp/protocol.py”, line 274, in _receive async with async_timeout.timeout(timeout): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 141, in aexit self._do_exit(exc_type) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 228, in _do_exit raise asyncio.TimeoutError

Notes:

I already set the Airplay setup in the HomekitApp to “Everyone” or “Everyone on the same Network”, with no success.

HomePod: version 17.2
HA running on HA Green:
Core: 2023.12.3
Supervisor: 2023.11.6
Operating System: 11.2
Frontend: 20231208.2

Thanks

I think it’s the firmware 17.2 on the hompod.after i did the update my hompods and apple tv 4k the connection to ha is also lost.

Unfortunately I got the same issue also before upgrading the HomePods to 17.2

The problem seems the same reported in
#83169 and #90983.
But I can’t find any clear solution.
Thanks for any help.

I finally solved the problem with an update of the network on the Hass Green.
I run the command
“ha network update default --ipv4-method auto” from Terminal,
then restarted.
The ipod mini and Apple TV restarted successfully, with no issues.
This solved also some problems I was having with shelly integrations.