Homeseer 4 to HA Z-Wave S2 Keys

Hi,

I’m a complete newbie to HA, only been using it for a few days after years of Homeseer.

The first thing i am trying to do is move over all the Z-Wave devices.
I have Z-Wave JS UI installed and the Z-Wave UI intergration configured and I can access thre Z-Wave controller (Aeotec Z-Stick 7) from Homeseer and see the nodes in HA.

The problem I am having, and i suspect is due to the nodes in HS4 being added with Security, is that I don’t think they are communicating correctly in HA due to the keys being incorrect and the controls for each device are not being added to the device.

Int he screenshot below, there is a comparison between the node in HS4 and HA. If I try and control the device in HA using the toggle under Controls, nothing happens.

I’ve copied the 4 keys from Homeseer, but the S2 keys are not 32 characters and Z-Wave UI shows this as an error.

Anyone know why the Keys are not 32 characters from HS4 and if there is a way to export/decrypt the keys other than using the View Keys button in the Z-Wave plugin? In the screen shot of the keys I havehighlighted where the keys are seemingly missing characters.

I have included some other screeshots if they are of any help.

Thanks for the help.

It looks like the HomeSeer keys are just omitting the leading 0 in the hex digits. So fill those in (e.g. B0B) and remove the dashes when setting in ZUI.

1 Like

I converted from HS3 when HS4 had just come out. I just bit the bullet and removed all devices and added them to home assistant. I haven’t looked back. I know this is a pain in the a$$ but it is a one time thing. I have 87 z-wave devices and I included all but the locks non secure. I did have to do this twice when HA converted to Z-wave JS. It is supported and just works now.

Hope this helps. Others have made the move without doing what I did but I couldn’t get it to work. I also took the time to better name the devices and to improve my documentation.

Thanks for the reply, that sorted the issue out and nodes are now working after rescanning them.

5 Likes

All working now. all the nodes have been re-interviewed and working as expected, even a 2 channel switch that HS4 would not recognise the second channel on.

Hurdle 1 complete :blush:

Not bad mouthing any product here, but you are going to love Home Assistant. The sun2 tools are outstanding. I love the energy features built in (with or without solar). Powercalc is amazing. I also encourage you to get Nabu Casa as It benefits the founders and allows easy access on your phone from anywhere. I was just in Iceland and could run my house in the US.

Welcome to Home Assistant! I am also a Homeseer expat. I switched after the botched, in my opinion, version 4 upgrade.