Homewerks SmartVent Fan integration?

Hi. Rookie here trying to learn…
Is there a way for me to connect my smart bathroom fan to home assistant?
It is an alexa device and can be controlled via an app or through alexa.

Here is a link to the product page:
https://www.homewerks.com/product/bath-fan-bluetoothr-speakers-led-light-alexa-built

I don’t mind if the solution is integrating alexa into Home Assistant or if I have to develop a custom integration. I just need some guidance on where to start and hopefully some links to tutorials…

Thanks!!!

I was just looking for this myself - I could not find out much, its possible you could use the official integration with Alexa.

What is also possible, is that your device is actually a Tuya IOT device under the hood: Tuya - Home Assistant

If so, that integration may work.

There may be things out on github that work, and you may need to bring those into Home Assistant. I would start with Tuya first if you can.

I’ve got one of these also. Currently I use the homewerks skill in Alexa and then the HA Alexa integration to control that. Definitely not ideal and the light and fan periodically become unresponsive in Alexa. I also tried using an RF blaster to send commands to simulate the wall switch but they appear to use rolling codes. It seems like the speaker portion is separate from the light and fan as I never lose contact with the speaker in Alexa or HA.

I got a bond IR/RF blaster to control the other fans in the house and this is the only one I cant seem to capture the signal on. I suspect its because as @Litwi008 stated, they are using rolling codes…

Will try to integrate alexa and bring into HA through there.

After over a year, I figured out the simplest and somewhat obvious solution. The Homewerks fans are Tuya devices. You can add the device inside the Tuya app and then use the HA add on to pull in the fan. So simple and works great.

Can I ask how you added them from the Tuya app? Do you need a hub?

No hub needed, just set your device into pairing mode by switching it on/off 3 times. The Tuya app will automatically recognize the device and add it.

Do you have an android or apple phone. I downloaded the Tuya smart app and held the fan button to reset it to factory settings and it wont find it

I have iOS and I actually used the Smart Life app. I turned the device on and off 3 times to put it in paring mode and the app recognized it.

Hey, no one’s using the switch that came with it, right? Sorry, I’ve already installed it. I’m just trying to figure out how to turn it off and on three times really quickly. When I do it nothing happens. If I hold down the fan switch for 8 seconds it does reset to factory settings

The version I have isn’t supported by the switch, so mine just uses a standard switch. You’ll need to figure out how to put the device in Pairing mode. For mine it’s by turning it on and off 3 times, but yours may be different.

Screenshot 2024-07-08 at 8.55.53 AM

Did you try holding down the “microphone” button for 5 seconds?