HomeWizard Energy (Wi-Fi P1 meter, kWh meter, Energy Socket and Water Meter)

If you have a DSMR5.0 meter, then the P1 meter uses power directly from the P1 port. Otherwise you can power the P1 meter via a mini-USB port.

Thanks for the component guys! Started to use HomeWizard Energy yesterday and immediately integrated it with my Home Assistant.

1 Like

you can find them here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/custom-component-homewizard-energy-wifi-p1-meter/227441/119?u=fabian_v

In your config file

stupid question maybe:
where does HA/WW get the pricing? is that something that comes with the data out op the P1 connection?
:roll_eyes:

Hi,

Somehow my sensor total_power_export_t1_kwh shows 42.693 but my calculation for the daily part doesn’t show up… In my config I have the sensor energy_import_t1_dagelijks:

source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_import_t1_kwh
    cycle: daily

But in the history I see: source: sensor.p1_meter_total_power_export_t1_kwh

last_period: '0'
last_reset: '2021-02-25T00:00:00.003689+01:00'
meter_period: daily
unit_of_measurement: kWh
friendly_name: energy_export_t1_dagelijks
icon: 'mdi:counter'
```

The result is that i can't see my daily export of power..

The pricing is input by you, the user. Both in the P1 smartphone app, and in HA via a Lovelace card.

Edit 2: WERKT! :slight_smile:

bij het invoer gedeelte was de meter met " P1 " ipv " kwh " benoemt, aangepast naar " kwh " en nu zien we de kosten oplopen.

########
Edit: werkt nog steeds niet…
de code hieronder bijgevoegd en ik kan idd de stuks prijzen invoeren, zowel met “punt” als met een “komma” geprobeerd.
config.yaml geeft groen vinkje, maar na restart nog geen resultaat.

this is what I was looking for:
########################################

‘’’
input_number:
t2_energy_cost:
name: Stroom import nomaal
mode: box
min: 0
max: 100
unit_of_measurement: “€/kWh”
icon: mdi:currency-eur

t1_energy_cost:
  name: Stroom import dal
  unit_of_measurement: "€/kWh"

gas_energy_cost:
  name: Gas
  unit_of_measurement: "€/m3"

‘’’
##########################

1 Like

Hello, I installed the custom component HomeWizard Energy through HACS and also tried to manually install it. However the integration is not visible in Home Assistant. It is installed in the custom_components directory just as my other custom integration.

Any ideas?

Have you restarted your HA installation?

Yes I did. In this case its a docker container so I also removed the container and started a new one.

That’s weird then. You could try the following:

• install another custom integration, so we can see if it is related to your installation or this integration.
  • take a look at settings/info. On the top you should see the config folder. Make sure this matches the folder you are using.
  • you can also try to see if you can change your configuration.yaml.

Ok I just found something. The P1 meter was not on the same network as HA, because I was hoping to use the option where you can enter the IP address of the P1 meter.

Now with the P1 meter on the same network as HA the autodiscover adds the integration.

Is it still possible to enter an IP instead of the autodiscover feature?

Nice!
Still weird that manual config does not work… even if you have no p1 meter, it still had to ask for the IP. :roll_eyes:

Edit: if autodiscovery works, Then manual config should also work. Maybe you can retry it now that first works. Also, please check your logs (maybe even in at debug level if you know how)

Hello Unsigus, I found the issue. It was something stupid as browser cache. :pensive: Now it works with the IP option and also on another network! Thanks for your help and your work on this integration!

1 Like

Does this only work for the P1 meter? For my new house I plan to buy some DIN rail kWh meters.

On a side note. Does the P1 meter also measure heat? New houses with “stadsverwarming” have smart meters for “stadsverwarming” installed since this year.

The API is not yet available for the kWh meters, but when it it this integration can also be used for it.

Please contact HomeWizard support for this.

Since yesterday, all the entities for the P1 Energy Meter dongle have become unavailable in Home Assistant. I have tried reloading the HomeWizard Energy integration, but this has had no effect. The Home Wizard Energy app on my smartphone is still working, and the P1 dongle shows a steady green light.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Maybe the IP address has been changed, please check that. And have you tried a full “turn it off and turn it back on again” with your HA installation?

To avoid all this trouble, I configure my router to always give the same IP address to a device.
If your router is capable of doing this, you will find these settings under DHCP.
Here is a screenshot of this settings page of my router, in another brand of router it will be a bit different.