Honeywell 5800 series 345Mhz door and window sensor integration with HA

@rct - yes, getting the sensors into HA via the modded RTL_433 to MQTT in the “Hass.IO add-on repository by Paul Nicholls”. I also modify the config file and echo the payload to the logs when I add a new device so I can see the ID. Then I mod it back after. That way I don’t have to mess with the receiver at all.

No going to sleep issues. Everything is action oriented and the Verilock also sends a heartbeat message every 72 minutes or so. I test for that per the above YAML but no issues so far.

Direction of movement is in combination with a Hue Outdoor motion sensor outside the doors. The sequence between Hue and Verilock tells direction of movement.

For passive side, I just use “door locked” to know that it is latched (for my doors, the passive side must be latched for the main door to lock). If you need more than that, the only thing I can think of is a modded contact sensor inside the door somehow. I mod the cheap Xiaomi door contact sensors for all different purposes.

1 Like

@Vexamus
For most of my projects, I try not to reinvent the wheel. As such, I always check public repositories for projects I can leverage or modify. In this case, I discovered a Honeywell sensor project, which has been forked a few times since it was created.

I’ve been running my own fork of this project in a Docker container, for roughly six months, with no issues. There are over 20 sensors in my largest deployment, along with two keyfobs.

Since this is my first post on the forum, I’m limited to sharing two links.

The following links are the original project and the most recent fork, respectively:

I hope you find this useful.

1 Like

Have you made any modifications to the most recent fork in your setup? I tried using it but I seem to be getting a lot of packets that fail CRC. Somehow with rtl_433 I can get more valid packets through.

@YellowYacket Did you ever figure out how to get the 5815 sensors to work? I have a few of these and they do not show up at all. However, I do have the newer 5800 “MINI” sensors and they work great. I also have 5818MNL recessed door transmitter and those work, although not quite as reliably as the 5800 MINI sensors. I did use your suggestion of changing he sample rate to 1000K and that helped a lot. Prior to that I couldn’t see any of the sensors except rarely. It was pretty unusable.

Thanks for your feedback - it’s helped me get going!

Hello,
Newb here, I’ve it setup and can intercept signals, however, the interception is pretty slow and not captures them all. I also feel there is a delay in the interceptions and it doesn’t catch the signal when I open the door and wait for 5-10 seconds and close it. is there sometime wrong with my setup?
when I first run the command it waits about 15-30 seconds before starting to listen, once it start it captures and then if I open and close the same door after 5 minutes it doesn’t detect that event.
Please help :slight_smile:

Hard to say, but have you considered trying different hardware? You should eliminate any underlying hardware/system performance problems first.

Interesting little update from someone with 868MHz versions of Honeywell ActivLink windows / door & PIR sensors, as well as an alarm box…

I followed this as far as i could, and adjusted frequencies etc, but the data i am receiving seems to be decoding using a slightly different template. Any pointers?

My HA is setup on a virtual machine where my MQ is. My house was built by the former VP of the local home alarm company and I happen to have many (many) honeywell devices and I thank everyone on this thread (and this one Creating a Home Alarm System with Home Assistant) for such great ideas!

Becuase my HA is on a virtual machine and I didn’t feel like dealing with configuring USB passthrough, I setup a little pi with HA on it as well and using a spare RTL I had picked up at defcon a while ago I installed on the pi “rtl_433 Home Assistant Add-ons” from repo GitHub - pbkhrv/rtl_433-hass-addons: Collection of Home Assistant add-ons that use rtl_433.

With that installed I installed rtl_433 and configured to monitor 344975000 and dump info into the virtual machine MQ. rtl_433 MQTT auto discover works great and I am seeing all of my devices!

The only concern I have is every device is named like “Honeywell-Security-8-XXXXXX”. I am going to go through the house tomorrow and map all of them out; but for ease of management does anyone have suggestions on how to make a note or alias to each device so when I work with them later I can use their fixed location name vs the device ID discovered?

Thank you everyone for contributing to this. I’ve only started playing with HA for the last 2 weeks and am really impressed with it (and have so much to learn!!).