Honeywell air comfort integration

So there are integrations for other Honeywell products by the looks of it. But not for things part of there “Honeywell air comfort” ecosystem. I recently discovered Home Assistant and have been looking through the things I have and I originally thought that my portable AC was part of it as Honeywell is listed as an integration.

So don’t know if this is the right place but… An integration for the Honeywell air comfort ecosystem would be nice.

Would also love this.

No idea how I would write a integration for this… :frowning:

Hi @ETHREAL1

turns out… it’s just a rebraded tuya app.

Instead of installing into Honeywell Air Comfort, just install to tuya app. Then you can setup with home assistant :slight_smile:

If you want to factory reset, hold down either wifi or fan button, and the wifi button will flash.
This will be “factory reset”. That then means you’ll be able to resetup using tuya app.

1 Like

Even if the app is similar or using the same software as the tuya app, the legal administration of the app and data policies are likely different due to branding and licensing. The while both the tuya app and Honeywell Air Comfort are administered out of Hong Kong. tuya.com and Honeywell Air Comfort hosted on Google Play by jmatek.com licensed as Honeywell may not be equivalent in their data use and collection. I suggest not treat apps with similar software infrastructure the same just to integrate, as that overlooks the legal protections and possible data practices. Each should have separate integrations (though technically may just need to reuse the same integration process) to support the additional app(s).