Honeywell Lyrc T6 with external temperature sensor

Hi folks,

I got a T6 Honeywell thermostat which works fine in HA to control temp in the livingroom. Love it!

What’s the best way to get it to work with an external sensor that I have in another room?

Goals would be to get that other room to the given temperature; what i’ve noticed is probably due to heat leaks, the other room is always much colder than the living room, where the T6 thermostat is located.

Thanks!

You could set up a generic thermostat template so you can define where the temperature values pull from and then configure it to otherwise pass-through your change commands to the actual T6.

For me I have temp and humidity sensors all around the house and a T6 as the central control and instead of worrying too much about if a room is different (which in my case they should be on different floors or in rooms with direct sunlight for example) I just have a control panel that shows every humidity sensor value, every temperature sensor value, every light level value, and then a min/max sensor for each to show me the average across the house.