Honeywell Lyric (Resideo) Integration: Support room priority feature for T9 / T10 thermostats

The Honeywell T9 and T10 thermostats can be used with optional wireless room sensors that report temperature back to the thermostat. If room sensors are used, the thermostat can be set into room priority mode where the temperature from one or multiple room sensors is used instead of the thermostat’s temperature itself. The priority setting can be included in the schedules that are set up on the thermostat or through the Resideo app. For instance: at night, use only the sensors from the bedroom to dictate furnace run state.

While the Resideo developer API exposes the room priority feature (docs), The Home Assistant Honeywell Lyric integration does not implement any features around it.

From my perspective, having the ability to work with room priority would open up hugely powerful functionality, such as toggling duct actuators or smart vents depending on room priority. For instance in my case I could install motorized duct actuators and redirect almost all heat during the night to the bedrooms, avoiding heating the living room and dining room. This essentially would recreate a full zoning system which usually requires a thermostat in every zone and an expensive zone controller.