Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

Got it working if I had the external and internal URL same, it connected fine and was able to add successfully. Thank you for your help.

Hey all! Great news- @timmo001 has a PR for a native integration. He rewrote the underlying python dependency to make it asyncio. His original code is what my code (and many others linked above) were based upon.

For all of those focusing on using Homekit- this will have more features and be more stable, as you aren’t relying upon Homekit to poll status, you will be accessing directly from API.

Link to PR- https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/39695

Very exciting!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing the PR from @timmo001. I built & briefly tested this build of home-assistant (https://hub.docker.com/r/bshibley/home-assistant-lyric). Works for my T10. Would be nice to collect sensor data from connected redlink room sensors. As of today, it doesn’t appear to be possible to get room sensor data via the Honeywell Home API. I sent a message to Resideo to see if they plan to add this support to the API.

1 Like

Hey I’m getting the same error - did you change it to your domain, or local IP to get it to work?

1 Like

Hi Chris,
In order to get it working, try this by adding internal and external url under homeassistant section.
homeassistant:
internal_url: “http://hassio_ip:8123”
external_url: “http://hassio_ip:8123”

Thanks @timmo001 and @jasondefuria for this PR. Integration seems to be very stable so far, stopped seeing those errors and warning in log and lost connection to thermostate. I have one issue though when I am trying to turn on/off thermostat through HA I am getting following error

2020-09-29 15:44:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140174543893888] 'thermostatSetpointStatus'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 137, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1315, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 459, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 655, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 490, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/config/custom_components/lyric/climate.py", line 251, in async_set_hvac_mode
    await self.coordinator.data.update_thermostat(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiolyric/__init__.py", line 103, in update_thermostat
KeyError: 'thermostatSetpointStatus'

any idea what is causing this?

Do you mind helping me deploy the new, working code? I am rather new to pull requests and such.

I am tracking that the “lyric” in HACS is outdated by six months.

How can I install the new code from timmo001 or your docker version? Do I utilize portainer? Also, when will the PR be a part of the official code, it appears that it’s part of the “core” code.

If you’d like to use the docker image, I suggest using docker-compose - you may use/adapt this compose file:
docker-compose.yml:

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    image: bshibley/home-assistant-lyric:latest
    volumes:
      - /${HOME}/home-assistant:/config
    environment:
      - TZ=America/Los_Angeles
    restart: always
    network_mode: host

Hi Dennis, any luck on solving this issue? I’ve got the same error configurating.

Configurator > request authorisation > log in > HA finds my T6 thermostat > Connect > 500 Internal Server Error, Server got itself in trouble

No I am still using Homekit from the original install of my T5 that is still working good so my view is if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

2nd that, plus Homekit is not cloud base…something I now try to adamantly avoid when it comes to home automation after dealing with Wink’s downfall.

Is there a way to get the AUTO mode working with a Lyric thermostat?
I have mine setup through homekit, but am unable to figure out how to get a card setup like the following:

dual-thermostat

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/dual-thermostat-card/85798

Does anyone have a solution for this? I’m facing the same issue as well. My Lyric account tells me HA has been approved, but HA never gets the return authorization.

Hey all,

Is there a way to bring in the component which @timmo001 has created and is sitting there waiting to be integrated as a custom component for the time being?

I tried to just get the whole lyric folder in the into my custom_components folder, but that didn’t work for me.

anyone doing this who could help me with this?

Cheers,

Jeff

Have you tried homekit? I was on the original custom component for some time, but then it went “pop” I then saw that the homekit integration had firmed up so made the move and (Hopefully) have not looked back…

1 Like

Hey Uiguy,

I don’t have any other homekit set-up in my house so not sure if i’d wanna go that route.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Kr,

Jeff

Homekit protocol runs on HA, you don’t need any other Homekit devices. The big benefit I see with Homekit is that you eliminate the cloud!

I use my google assistant as well to tie into Honeywell’s cloud so that I can just tell Google to control heat and at least a few times a month I get a message from google assistant telling me it is unable to reach the Honeywell’s cloud and to try at a later time…ugh, really!?!

Thankfully HA still is able to control my heat when that happens because all commands are local through Homekit protocol.

After dealing with Wink’s downfall and coming to the realizing that for home automation, the cloud is a bad bad idea, I refuse to buy products that use just the cloud…vendors really need to make IoT stuff that provides control both locally and through the cloud IMHO.

I get the cloud thing, it lets vendors make life easier for people, but when you’re Internet is down you’re SoL!

If Homekit hadn’t worked for me I was going to give my T5 the boot a buy a Z-wave enable thermostat, but Homekit has since worked flawlessly since July when I changed from this plug-in.

And now that winter is here, haven’t any problems with Geofencing or Schedules controlling my heat using Homekit protocol.

it’s just another connection protocol you need to configure. No other hardware required…

Hi All,

HA Newbie that has been playing with this integration for a while and hoping for some guidance. Here’s the history

• Tried setting up the original HACS integration and got to the point where configure showed in the notifications, I could log into Honeywell Developer, selected my home security system and then it returned an Error 500 - Server confused itself…

• Custom installed the new integration via the HACS custom install function. Followed the steps of another in the thread…removed current installation and config, restart, add custom integration, restart, add config file update, restart. After doing all of the that, there is no notification to configure like before but also no errors. I don’t seem to notice any new entities or anything so it doesn’t seem to have worked.

• This got me to thinking…will this new integration even work on the security aspect of Honeywell Home or is it only for thermostats? Here’s the security system I have which uses the lyric app - https://www.honeywellhome.com/us/en/products/security/security-systems/smart-home-security-base-station-rchs5200wf1004-u/

Thanks in advance for any guidance…this is the last integration I need before doing away with IFTTT

Where do you get the device id?