Honeywell T10 Pro TX321WFS2001W Working in HA

I wanted to start a thread here for owners of the Honeywell T10 Pro series smart thermostat. I’d like this to be an informational thread for those looking for information regarding this thermostat. Here’s what works as of the post date of this thread.

I was able to get this to work very easily with SmartThings (using the Lyric thermostat option). This integrated smoothly into HA. However, since I have a heat pump system, I can only control my AC. I can still see the temp and state as usual. I can turn the air down or up and even shut the system down through HA. The strange thing is I can operate the heat using the Honeywell Home App. It’s almost as if you only get access to certain parts of the API through SmartThings.

I was NOT able to get this to work with the official HA integration. I added it to the configurations as usual, rebooted HA and it didn’t find my thermostat. I was sad because people who don’t have a SmartThings hub will currently not be able to use it with HA.

I’m curious what other owners of this thermostat are doing and if you were able to get this to work without using SmartThings. Maybe the official integration won’t work yet because there’s no support for this thermostat yet? Not sure. It’s relatively new so maybe.

Hey, I have this same thermostat and want to connect to HA without Smartthings in middle. Do you have the solution or your still using it as mentioned in your post above?

I have update on these T10 pro series thermostates.

Latest firmware on these allows you to do HomeKit Connect.

This will autodiscover in Homeassistant and you will be able to control every aspect of thermostate as well as sensors data.

Thanks,
mitul

1 Like

I’m not using homekit yet. Is there something specific I need to have in place, first, like homebridge or some such?

No, These t10 pro states are discovered in HA as a home kit controller. It will also bring readlink sensor values. you should see homekit option under thermostat configuration.

1 Like

Appears my device had an old firmware still. After sitting on the wall for a day, the HomeKit controller was discovered by HA.

Could anyone who has HA working with a T10 please post your firmware info?

Mine is a THX321WF2001W (no ‘S’ in the middle on the device information page, though the manual that came with it has the ‘S’) and has FW version 01.02.08.00, with a build date of Sep 26, 2019 (and has been registered, even though I hated having to do that given the lack of privacy in Resideo’s cloud system). It does not support Apple HomeKit either, despite hints in many places suggesting it should. Supposedly they roll out firmware updates on a regional basis, and only via a registered phone app and account.

I’m very much regretting this overly expensive purchase! I just needed a wireless remote sensor to make up for a lack of properly installed wiring.

New to Home Assistant as a whole, how do you go about using the Homekit Connect to connect to the Honeywell T10? When I click it two bridges come up but the code that is on the Honeywell Thermostat doesn’t seem to work for either device.

they do have an “installer” mode that you have to turn off or something to be able to connect to homekit and do some other things.

i can’t get anything related to the fan to work. i even tried changing supported_features to 15 and it still doesn’t show. anyone else have this issue?

I’ve come up with a temporary solution

Hello. I am new to HA. I am very confused as to why my T9 / T10 show up as a HomeKit device. I don’t use anything Apple ever! How can I get my thermostats working with HA? They already work fine in: Google, Alexa, SmartThings, and BrilliantTech. Do I just have to do it through SmartThings? (I have not completed linking SmartThings to HA yet… made a certificate, but I need a URL with a LetsEncrypt cert or something… I am a web-dev and know about these things, but havent had time to figure it all out yet for HA)

Ring, HUE, LGWebOS, and some other things are looking good. I really want to get the 2 HVACs and their 8 RedLink sensors all connected next. Then most everything else (BrilliantTech switches, cheap wifi switches and lights, Eufy, KwikSet, etc) will have to be via SmartThings I guess? Maybe the HVACs have to be through SmartThings too? (or through HomeKit, but that ain’t ever gonna be in my house)

I am a fool, sorry. I now understand that HA acts as a HomeKit server without the need for anything Apple. I connected it and it is awesome!

Both my T9 downstairs, T10 upstairs, as well as all of their many remote sensors, all have full data in HA: Motion, Humidity, and Temp. It all seems to work perfectly!

Back to trying to link SmartThings now I guess.