HoneyWell T6Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Alarms

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to trigger a notification when it is time to change the furnace filter. Since I set the alarm on the thermostat configuration (using Z-WAVE JS), it works perfectly on the thermostat itself, however not quite sure what is going on, the Alarm Type Sensor is always set to 0 (zero) even when I dismiss the alarm on the thermostat.

Not quite sure how can i properly set the alarm, am I looking at the correct sensor or have to look at different sensors ( I have 2 other sensors that are not available which are alarm level and mains status)

From the logbook I can see the status of alarm type changes between 0 and unavailable multiple times during the day or every couple of days (not quite sure what would be the reason for the flip)

My Theory is the alarm type should be unavailable, and change to 0 when it is due to change the filter, but not. quite sure how this should work at the moment, I hope anyone that have the same thermostat may be able to help to figure out how to get this configured properly.

Note: I found another sensor names alarm level which was disabled, I just enabled it and not quite sure if this is would be the sensor that I should monitor for the alarm. It is current value 0 as well.

How do you know that this device reports filter change notifications via Z-Wave?

I don’t know, I need to figure this out, may be it is not possible and I am completely mis understood the alarm sensors.

The manual says it supports Notification V3 and Power management notification type, which are the AC mains sensors. There’s no such thing as a “filter replacement” notification in the Z-Wave spec for Notification V3. The alarm_level/status sensors are manufacturer specific, but they are usually not used if a device support Notification. That’s really your only option, unless there’s some non-compliant event they are reporting with. There are a few filter replacement notifications in the Z-Wave spec, but they aren’t listed in the manual. You would be looking for an “Appliance” sensor named “maintenance status”.

Entities only go unavailable if the node is dead, or the underlying z-wave data structure HA relies on is has been removed by the Z-Wave driver. A sensor does not go unavailable based on normal usage.

do you know how to expose these sensors ? do I need to configure them anywhere I am trying to search the sensors but cannot find anything with maintenance.