Honeywell thermostat Current Temperature

I have a Honeywell thermostat that i would like to get the current temperature off of to make an automation to turn on a fan. Here is a screenshot of the state page for the honeywell thermostat

The entity id is climate.home but how do i read the current_temperature in climate.home?

Did you ever work this out?

No i wasnt. Ended up getting a Aeon Labs MultiSensor 6 to do the job. But it works as i wanted it. the sensor is able to just sit on top of my thermostat.

I’m no expert, but by just following examples, I was able to get the current_temperature by creating a template in configuration.yaml:

- platform: template
    sensors:
      1st_floor_temperature:
        friendly_name: "1st Floor Temp"
        entity_id: climate.1st_floor
        unit_of_measurement: "°F"
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.1st_floor', 'current_temperature') }}"

For the example in the OP, you’d change 1st_floor to home, and obviously make the names whatever works for you.

In Developer Tools / States, I have the following entry:

I use a separative sensors.yaml file and I found this to work since entity_id: has been DEPRECIATED. I got the climate.boiler from looking it up in the developer tools as I have 2 different Honeywell thermostats in my home.

- platform: template
  sensors:
    living_room_temp:
      friendly_name: "Living Room Temp"
      unit_of_measurement: '°F'
      value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.boiler', 'current_temperature') }}"
1 Like

Right, that’s changed since I posted my example. I no longer include the entity_id line. Everything else is the same.