Honeywell Total Care Comfort & Climate Integration API Issues

Is anyone else seeing terrible performance from Honeywell and their API?

Rarely does their API recognize the changes sent from HA. If I go in through their user interface it works fine when I make changes, but any automations from HA are ignored/not recognized.

I am looking for confirmation, and if others are seeing better behavior I would like to see their configs to understand what I may have setup incorrectly.

This happened in the lyric version. It was a problem with the honeywell app. Lyric requires a honeywell developers account, idk if that is the case for TCC.

The fix for lyric was to delete the app on honeywell. Remake the app and remove and reconnect the integration. It took me 3 tries as well to get my t9 working.

I had a developer’s account, I just created an App in the Developer’s account. There wasn’t one before. Should there of been one?

Looking at the tcc integration it does not require a developers account like lyric. Just to be sure I understand correctly when you say “go through their user interface” you are referring to honeywell and not HA’s dashboard?

Does it respond to changes made manually from home assistant? For example from the thermostat card? Have you removed and reinstalled the integration?

I have three Honeywell “smart” WiFi thermostats. I don’t use a developer account, just the regular HA integration using the same ID and password that I use on the TCC web site and app.

I use HA almost exclusively to manage my thermostats. I’ve never seen a significant problem. There’s often a bit of a delay because I have the scan_interval set to 180 to avoid rate limiting.

To verify, I just turned one of the thermostats to “heat” mode from within HA. The change was reflected on the thermostat almost immediately. I changed the set temperature on the stat and within a couple of minutes it was reflected correctly in HA. Turning it off again from HA went to the stat within a minute.

I’m wondering whether there might be some helpful errors or warnings in your HA logs.

No response to changes. Works fine via the Honeywell website and the mobile app. It does work if I use climate turnoff/turnon services fine, but no changes to like upper/lower temperatures. Those changes do not work if using the slider in lovelace AND none of the automation changes work either.

Nothing in the logs when a change fails. It will hold the changes in lovelace, and then it appears when it polls again it goes back to where the settings are at the thermostat itself.

Only time I ever saw a log entry was if I try to force a service call to set like a temperature target. I have a cooling limit and a heating limit OR an upper/lower bound.

Nothing in the logs, and here is what is in my configuration.yaml.

HoneywellTHX

All I ever do is change the mode, (off/heat/cool) target temperature and fan mode. I don’t have upper/lower or limits. So at this point I’m not sure I can help.

I am surprised that there’s no rate limiting errors in the log if you don’t set a scan_interval. But if you say just setting the target temperature works consistently, that’s probably not the issue.

Can you share your configuration.yaml for it so I can take a look at yours?

Just this:

# Honeywell Thermostats
climate:
  - platform: honeywell
    username: [email protected]
    password: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    scan_interval: 180

All-

So my solution to this. Shut off all programming at the thermostat, and run all your programming and changes via HA. If you have it programmed and on a set schedule it was not very receptive to changes to it. I think that is because you usually need to tell it if you are doing it as a temporary change/hold or a permanent one.

Glad you found something that works for you RIck!

That said, my experience is very different. I set my thermostats to run their schedule, and do overrides, or change modes (Heat/Cooling/Off) from HA or the thermostat, whatever is most convenient.

One issue is that, using the app or the thermostat, you can make temperature changes a “permanent hold” or temporary, until the next scheduled temperature change. I don’t see a way to specify that in HA. Changes from HA apply to whatever mode it’s in; if it’s set on permanent hold, HA temperature changes will be permanent. If not, they’ll be temporary.

This hasn’t been a huge frustration, but it’s something I need to remember.