How Can i add The Aqara M2 hub to home assistant?

Im A Total Newbie in Home Assistant…
In the Learning Process…

Recently Started Home Assistant OS Using A Home Assistant Green…

So Far i been able to add several Devices using integrations including Tuya , Smarthings , and Alexa …

But I Cant Find an integration For Aqara Producs…
And i have alot of Aqara devices …

Does anyone Knows or have any idea how can i add or integrate the aqara home app or the Aqara M2 hub to Home Assistant ?

I Already Tried Binding The Aqara M2 Hub with the Matter integration in Home Assistant and it works !..

But Very limited…
The Matter Integration doesn’t expose all the devices capabilities …
Devices only expose the very basic cores

For example My Aqara P1 Sensors olny shows or expose the motion Part of the sensors but doesn’t show the Illuminance Capabilities …

And The Temperature & Humidity Sensors only shows or expose The Temperature Part of the sensors but doesnt show or expose The Humidity part part of the sensor …

I guess those are called Entities?

Ohh Well ! Im Trying to Learn…

In My Particular situation i need The Illuminance Capabilities For my Automations and my Scenes…

I Know I Still have a long Way To Go…" and a lot to Learn ! But ill get there …
Eventually…

In The Meantime…
Could anyone help me solve This Dilema ?
Any Help will be Greatly Apreciated…

Thank you very much in Advance…

And Happy Automation 2024 !
Everyone…

You don’t pair apps with home assistant, only the hubs.

Have you tried this?

Otherwise:

You could un-pair your devices from the hub and sell it. Pair them directly with a zigbee coordinator dongle connected to Home Assistant and use ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT.

I’m a fan of Tubes coordinators. https://tubeszb.com/

1 Like

tom_l … Thank you very much For your quick reply !

Thanks so much for the information…

Option # 1…is too advance for me rigth now…
And sounds like my Aqara devices may or may not work…

And option #2… is a sad option since i have to ged rid of all my Aqara devices… And start buying new ones…as a matter of fact today i got my brand new Aqara M2 Hub and A brand new Aqara SP2 sensor…
They are Awesome… ! And work incredible well…

But ! …No Home Assistant Compatibility " yet "

So that means i have no other choice in the matter !

Ohh Well !

Decisions ! Decisions !

" c’est la vie "

Once Again Thank you so much For your help. !

I Really Appreciated !

tom_J…

You Mentioned that by adding a Zigbee Dongle like the Skyconnect to my home assistant green usb port i can add my Aqara devices to home assistant ?
If i go this route…
Would home assistant show the Aqara sensors as multiple entities or just as one funtion or just one part of sensor ?..
What i mean is if my Aqara P1 Motion sensors will show in home assistant as motion and Illuminance as well …
And The Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensors will show both Temperature and humidity Or will show just temperature ?

I know its sounds confusing!
My apologies for my lack of knowledge…

No. Only the hub.

Yes. Assuming they are zigbee devices and not wifi devices.

Yes …all of them are Zigbee Devices

Same boat as you pal! Except I started my journey a couple weeks ago.

I added my M2 hub to HA using the Homekit devices integration.

This then exposes the devices and all entities of said devices to HA, WHILE keeping the Aqara app/hub going for the extra bit of control/customisation you don’t quite get outside the Aqara ecosystem (preset effects of the T1M I recently installed being a prime example).

Through the Homekit integration you get the most exposed to HA compared to ZHA and definitely way more than with matter.
It also means all Aqara devices should show up in HA with all entities exposed, once you’ve paired a device to the M2 hub.
Bonus point is you still receive firmware upgrades for the devices through the Aqara app/hub.

Fyi, you do not need an iPhone to do this or set any of it up, as I did this using my Android.

Any other questions, then lmk.
As I have had this setup running nicely for the last week or so, no complaints at all, just need setup my automations in HA with it now that I am happy connectivity and control is setup in the most functional and flexible manner.

1 Like