How can I download (directly) the HAOS image?

I have a crappy internet connection (at least until SpaceX extends Starlink and lets us start paying them each month). I went to the install page for Raspberry Pi and the instructions are to use Balena Etcher and to give it the URL for the image. The problem is I want to be able to experiment, which means I’d like to test it and maybe wipe clean and restart. I would rather download the image ONE time, on crappy internet, then having to get it a 2nd or 3rd time.

Also, not only is downloading files a pain, but it counts against my bandwidth cap. Yep, unlike most people, I have to watch my bandwidth and make sure I don’t go over it.

I took the URL given to paste into Etcher and tried to past it into Chrome directly and nothing happened. I tried using curl from a Linux system and, with http, it got nothing. It tried with ftp, but got nothing when I used that.

How can I download the image so I can get it once and keep it?

(I tried using etcher. Looks like it’ll have it downloaded in a few hours. This always happens - big files start downloading quickly, then get slower and slower until they finally finish. So a few hours now may be a few hours, may be less, but, likely, will just get longer.)

Go to

and choose the release and version you want.

Odd. I go there and click on the version with the same filename as the URL for Etcher and Chrome won’t download. Nothing happens when I click. (I’m trying to get haos_rpi4-6.4.img.xz.)

UPDATE: I tried it with Firefox and it is downloading something. I know it’s not a big file, but that just shows you the joys of rural internet. We can stream videos but it takes forever to download a file! (Probably because they give all the bandwidth to video streaming…)