How can I make a boolean tied to calendar events? Or tied to some predefined set of holidays?

I’m tired of my setup waking me up on weekdays that are holidays or vacation. I would like to create an input_boolean like day off that is true or false and then use that as conditions on my morning routine automations.

Anybody know how I could accomplish something like this?

Like you said, it’s just a matter of making an input_boolean and adding the condition to your automation. If you need help, post your current automation.

You could also make an automation that works off of a google calendar but it’s a little trickier to do.

Are you aware of the Workday Binary Sensor? Check if it supports your country/state to automatically determine public holidays.
It obviously won’t know about your personal leave, but maybe gets you a bit closer to what you are after.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I didn’t even know about this. Thanks!

Exxamalte, thanks! Definitely gets me closer. Nice to see this exists.

jer78, I don’t have anything to show yet but thank you I’ll see what I can come up with. I could create a list of dates ahead of time and have HA compare current date to my list but I’m not sure how to do that. I do know know python or any other languages I’m just scraping by with yaml.

Another good idea could be the Google Calendar integration, I use it to pick up my shift plan so that HA knows when I’m at work.

1 Like

Thank you Snedig for mentioning Google calendar support. I hadn’t realized this was available I think I will go this route.

1 Like