How can I send an email with HA

Hello, I’m new here and have installed Homeassistant 2024.9. I’ve been trying to configure an email notification for 3 days now. Unfortunately, all Google entries and YouTube videos are still for the old versions, so I haven’t managed it yet. I don’t have any yaml knowledge either. But I entered this config for email in yaml.
grafik
But I couldn’t test whether the starttls entries were correct.
I couldn’t find anything about calling up this entry in automations. I only get notifications on my cell phone. And that doesn’t work either. I’m desperate.
Regards
Oli

Have you tried reading the docs?

Do not rely on google or youtube for your answers, read the docs first then watch some videos if you want. The docs will have the correct info.

Please read this as well, you will get a much better response if you present the question correctly.

The settings you need to provide are determined by your e-mail service provider. We could not help you with that. There are common defaults, but there’s no guarantee your e-mail provider supports that. Try to search the website of your provider, or try to see if a working, configured e-mail client displays what it uses.

I’m about to try Telegram - maybe give that a try, I hear good things about it once you set it up… and being a free service, it might be a little easier to set up than a Serious Company email account?

Just a thought.

A set up is a set up. The advantages of whatsapp and telegram integrations is that they are pretty much the same for everyone, so much easier to get support when things aren’t working properly.

When it comes to IMAP servers there are many more variables. There are some default settings but who ever sets up the email servers don’t have to use the defaults.