How do I create a group of non-binary sensors

I looked here but it doesn’t indicate it’s possible to add a group of non-binary sensors. The Helpers UI simply doesn’t allow it, and adding it to the config file like this doesn’t seem to register elsewhere as a pick-able group.

Any advice? Thanks!

You group sensors as Old Style Groups. Changes made to the configuration will not appear as usable entities until you have restarted the HA instance. Groups created like this will appear under the group domain, not the sensor domain. For example, the sensor group shown below will appear as `group.climate’

group:
  climate:
    name: "Climate Group"
    entities:
      - sensor.bedroom_temp
      - sensor.porch_temp

This type of sensor group is mostly useful for organization and creating further template sensors. They will not have a useful group state like the UI create-able groups, their state will normally be unknown.

Okay. So I’m stuck adding each sensor 1 by 1 in the auto-sort entities card?

If you are talking about the Lovelace Auto-Entities Card, then yes old-style groups of sensors can be used.

type: custom:auto-entities
card:
  type: entities
filter:
  include:
    - group: group.indoor_humidistats
  exclude: []

yeah. That doesn’t seem to work for me at all.

Auto-Entities cards are still working with old-style sensor groups on my instance… if your not seeing the group entity in the list on Settings > Devices & Services > Entities then the issue is in your group configuration. You may want to share your config so we can see what might be the cause.

Ah yes. Didn’t know you could view the groups there like that. That helped my identify a typo I made. Also, are sensor groups (non-binary) able to have a name. HA seems to get upset when I try to add a name or friendly_name to a sensor in a group.

Yes, as shown in the example in my first response and all the examples in the documentation page I linked in that comment, name: is a valid configuration variable.

Forgive me. I mean each sensor. Not the group itself.

The names or friendly names for the individual sensors will be set in whatever integration they were created in, you cannot do that in the group configuration.