How do I create an individual Custom SPI Sensor

Hello Everybody,
I want to regulate the moisture in my basement. So I want to connect THREE BME680 Temperature and Humidity Sensors with an ESP8266 Board. There is a Sensor template for the BME680 Sensor, but connected via I2C. With the I2C Interface, you could only switch between 2 Adresses on my BME680s. So I want to connect all three of them via SPI. But now, I’m unsure how to to this:
There is a template for external Components jesserockz/esphome-external-component for an SPI connected Sensor.
But I don’t know how to configure the Sensor, and then, how to read the Values every minute for an example, and make them available in Home Assistant. Every approach to my target would be welcome, thanks a lot!
Greetings, Bastian

The easiest solution would be to use a TCA9548A I²C multiplexer which is already supported by ESPHome.

Hey @gaz99,
thanks a lot for your reply. Quite unusually I’m not only interested in the in the easiest solution, but rather in the technological educating solution. I can use it as an example for my students, and one or other day, I will integrate an unsupported SPI Sensor. So I’m interested how to do it via SPI.
But thanks a lot again for your first shot!