How do I disable startup logs from the logbook?

Since I have to always restart HA when changing automations and what not, my log becomes a big mess showing things like Front Door Locked or Kitchen Light Turned Off, which makes me think those actions just happened, when really they were already locked and off, but when HA starts up it shows every device in the log like they are changing state when they aren’t. Is it possible to prevent that from happening as it’s a really useless feature since it’s completely wrong. For example:

12:03 AM
Media Loft Lamp turned on
Basement Lamp turned off
Stove turned on
Under Counter turned on
Hue Living Colors turned on
Living Room Lamp Hue turned on
12:02 AM
Front Door changed to locked
Kitchen Door changed to locked
Home Assistant started

The lamps and Hue did NOT turn on, they were already on when I restarted HA so why does the log say they turned on? I’d like the log to only show actual changes not make it look like something changed when it didn’t. It’s making it very hard to determine when a device actually did change status vs just HA restarting.

As far as HA is concerned there is a change - a change from “I don’t know what the heck state this is in” to “on” - not saying that is useful but for the purposes of a state machine at least it is an important distinction. One way to avoid this would be to have HA save state between restarts or crashes but that is a big subject and would probably have it’s own list of unintended consequences …

Without saved state HA really has no way of knowing that a light was previously on.

1 Like

That doesn’t really make sense, though, there is no change. If the media loft lamp is on, and the living room lamp is off and you restart, then I get that it needs to check if the status changed, but it should say “Media loft lamp status is ON”. Instead it give incorrect and misleading information, saying “Media loft lamp turned on” when it didn’t, it was already on.