How do I expose entities from Alexa in HA?

I have a smart lock that connects to a Tuya hub. The Tuya HA integration does not expose this lock’s features, but the Tuya Alexa skill does, and allows unlocking it through the Alexa app.

Is there a way to see this smart lock as an HA entity through either Alexa or Alexa Media Player integrations (I have both configured and working)? In particular, I want to be able to just unlock it from HA (it auto-locks after 5 seconds, so I don’t need locking). But I don’t think it can be controlled via a voice command, just as a device through the Alexa app, so sending a voice command via the Media Player won’t work.

Settings > Devices & Services > Integrations > Alexa Media Player > Configure

Not all device types are supported though… I don’t remember if locks are or aren’t.

1 Like

The documentation for this feature says “This will add devices connected directly to your Echo device. It will NOT add smart devices connected to Alexa via Skills.”. Since the lock is connecting via a Tuya skill, alas, no dice :-\

Digging deeper, I found a feature where I can control the lock via a voice command with a code in it, so I will try going that route and issuing a “voice command” via the Media Player integration.

2 Likes

Hey there!
I’ve struggled with the same problem for a few weeks… The problem is under Settings > Devices & Services > Integrations I can’t find my alexa, or echo, or whatever. HA detects all my google cast devices, but not my echo show. When I try to link alexa do HA, it opens the nabu configuration screen, which, for what I know, just exposes entities from HA do alexa and not the other way around. Any ideias what might be happening?
Thank you very much!

Have you installed and set up Alexa Media Player?

I hadn’t done that… Now it works!!!
Should I disable my one-click shopping options on amazon, though?