How do i fix Unable to install package pybluez==0.22: error:

I only have Docker not Docker Composer installed but I have Portainer, can this be done anyway?

Yes it can.

Itā€™s been a few years since I last used Portainer but according to this the ā€œcommandā€ field can be found in the ā€œAdvanced container settingsā€ section.

Just put the line of code from the Unraid section into the command field and, after following the rest of the steps, you should be good!

I tried but it gives me an error while saving the container, I have to understand if it is due to having Home Assistant running.

On the first attempt it gave me the error ā€œstatus code 409ā€ and then on the second attempt it gave me the error ā€œfailure duplicate mount/point devā€ until I restarted the host.
However, it creates the new container for me but does not implement the commands that I added in ā€œAdvanced container settingsā€.
If anyone has any ideas they are welcome!

For anyone hoping for a fix.
Installed 2023.7.0 and problem is still there.
Also tried a restart a message pops up saying you cant do a restart
until the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

I would have thought alot more people used the bluetooth tracker like I do
for presence detection to decide if most automations should run.
Since this is not getting resolved is it possible to use the Bluetooth Integration
the same way?

Iā€™m in the same boatā€¦ I will stay on previous version like Iā€™ve done for over one year before.

Same thing peraphs we must plan to use esp32 ?

2 Likes

I planned to start using Bluetooth tracking today and bumped into basically the same issue.
The error at the config check:

Platform error device_tracker.bluetooth_tracker - Requirements for bluetooth_tracker not found: ['PyBluez==0.22'].

I see the issue is on github ā†’ Unable to install package pybluez==0.22 Ā· Issue #94273 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub
So Iā€™ll just wait for now.

2023.7.1 still not fixed.

2023.7.2 still not fixed.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to feel a bad moodā€¦

Not a great fix but you can goto Developer Tools / States and set your phone to home
so any automations you have that look for phone being home will run correctly.
You can then set it to away before you leave.

Does anyone know how to add a button to the dashboard that will toggle the state of your phone
from home to not_home?

1 Like

downgrade to older is a good solution too :stuck_out_tongue:
ha core update --version 2023.5.4

Figured out how to add a button to toggle home and away
Open the known_devices file and find the Mac Address for you phone and copy it
Add a Button Card on Dashboard
Select Tap Action
Select Call Service
Select Device tracker: See
Select Mac Address and put the one you looked up in known_devices file
Select Location Name
Enter: home

Then do the same for Hold Action
Enter: not_home

Now when you click on button status will be set to home
and if you hold the button it will be set to not home.

1 Like

2023.7.3 Not fixed.

1 Like

I silently hope against hope that Home Assistant OS 10.4 is taking care of this issue. Itā€™s currently in the beta channel if I am informed correctly.

The issue currently isnā€™t closed however, so I am afraid it wonā€™t be fixed in this release.

I think /init needs to be removed from the end of the command. See here: 2022.6: Gaining new insights! - Home Assistant (breaking changes).

Iā€™m using unraid using the lscr.io/linuxserver/homeassistant Docker image. Removing /init gets me a little further but running any apk commands at all in Post Arguments crashes the container shortly thereafter with no additional logs.

Someone tried the new version? I donā€™t see any reference to this bug in changelog.

Still no fix installed 2023.8.0.
Can anyone confirm if the fix will come with supervisor update
or would it be OS Update?

1 Like