How do I get groups to only show top-level switch in default view?

I have a home with a lot of devices in groups, for example a ‘Bedroom’ group with multiple lights in it. Currently my default view in the front-end is full of cards like this:

What I’d like to do is:

1. On the default view, hide the child devices and only have the top-level switch for the whole group, i.e. just one switch for the whole of bedroom
  2. Each group has it own tab where I can see all the devices

I can achieve the second item by promoting each group to a view with view: yes, however then the group disappears entirely from the default_view group and I can’t find a way to bring it back as a single switch.

Any ideas/config examples? Should be doable as it’s pretty close to what’s shown in the default view of the demo? https://home-assistant.io/demo/

I don’t think you can achieve this with the default view. You could create a switch for every group that lists your group as the entity_id

Create a group with all your 3 entities. and then only add this group inside another group, you will have only 1 switch then!

1 Like

Just to make sure I understand what you’re suggesting … I’d have something like the code below?

bedroom:
    name: Bedroom
    entities:
      - light.bedside
      - light.balcony
      - light.bed_backlight
  bedroom_master:
     entities: 
      - group.bedroom

Can the 2nd group have more rooms so I can make something like in the demo?

Or make something like this?

default_view:
  view: yes
  entities: 
  - group.rooms

rooms
  name: Rooms
  entities: 
  - group.bedroom

bedroom:
  entities: