How do i install Sonoff PIR2 Motion Sensor with Sonoff RF Bridge flashed with Tasmota?

Hi Community,

I am new to MQTT and sensors running a Sonoff RF Bridge. I have setup the MQTT as outlined in the HA documentation. I used the testing protocols for MQTT, which seem to work fine. Where i have been coming unstuck i think is in the “configuration.yaml”.

I have been spent days searching and testing to no avail. It is driving me mad! I would have thought there was an easy tutorial on this process but seems not. I will make one, once i have success.

My configuration.yaml file looks like this:

sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: 'tele/sonoff-bridge/RESULT'
    value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
    name: "sonoff bridge 443"
    expire_after: 1

- platform: template
    sensors:
      study_pir:
        friendly_name: "Study PIR"
        value_template: '{{ is_state("sensor.sonoff_bridge_443", "F73D8E") }}'
        device_class: motion

How do i configure the “configuration.yaml” to read and publish the state of the Sonoff PIR2 Motion Sensor with Sonoff RF Bridge flashed with Tasmota?

I appreciate any assistance offered.

Kind regards
Ben

I worked out the issues.

It was due to the sonoff rf bridge connection to mqtt. In the tasmota firmware on the rf bridge, i changed the username and password in the mqtt console section. Then in the mqtt add on (not integration) configuration added the new username and password. Hey presto, the connection worked. Messed with the configuration.yaml file a bit more and now it is working.

This thresd is closed now the issue is solved.