How do I mix manual automations in yaml files with use of blueprints?

I have created my automations in yaml files, one per room. Then I include them using

automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/

in my configuration.yaml.
Then I found a blueprint I wanted to use. I imported it and created a automation based on the blueprint. But it did not show up among my automations. However it was added in automations.yaml which I did not include.

I realize I need to include automations.yaml in configuration.yaml but I don’t understand how.
I have been reading https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/splitting_configuration/ but do not realize how I should include both all my yanl-files and automations.yaml.

What am I missing?

Modify your configuration.yaml file like this:

automation: !include automations.yaml
automation manual: !include_dir_merge_list automations/

All automations created via Blueprints or the Automation Editor will be stored in automations.yaml. All other automations you create manually continue to be in the automations sub-directory. The automations in both locations will be visible in Configuration > Automations.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! It works great now.

How should I have understood the I should add manual to the automation row? Can I read about this somewhere? I admit that I have not read all the documentation but I have read quite a lot of it.

It’s shown as an example in the Splitting up the Configuration section.

Please consider marking my post (above) with the Solution tag (instead of adding [Solved] to the topic’s title). It will automatically place a check-mark next to the topic’s title which signals to other users that this topic has an accepted solution. This helps user find answers to similar questions.

1 Like