How do I query the postgreSQL state table for the latest sensor change?

Hi

I’m struggling to find ways of diagnosing my issue so posting on this forum…

I’d like to get the entity_id of the last sensor changed using the following yaml set in my sensors.yaml:

- platform: sql
    db_url: postgresql://loginname:somepassword@postgreSQLServerIP/hass
    queries:
      - name: SQLTest
        query: "select 1.0 as mysd;"
        column: 'mysd'
      - name: SQLLastSensor
        query: "select entity_id,state,last_changed from states order by state_id desc"
        column: 'entity_id'
      - name: Gym Bathroom Humidity Standard Deviation
        query: "select TRUNC(stddev(sd.svalue),2) as mysd from (SELECT CAST(s.state AS NUMERIC) as svalue FROM states s WHERE s.entity_id = 'sensor.shower_humidity' AND s.state<>'unavailable' AND s.state<>'unknown' ORDER BY state_id DESC LIMIT 60) sd;"
        column: 'mysd'

I have confirmed the logonname, somepassword and postgreSQLServerIP via pgAdmin 4 and run the queries directly in the Query tool, all return a single line result.
select 1.0 as mysd;
returns mysd as numeric 1.0

select entity_id,state,last_changed from states order by state_id desc limit 1;
returns 3 columns

select TRUNC(stddev(sd.svalue),2) as mysd from (SELECT CAST(s.state AS NUMERIC) as svalue FROM states s WHERE s.entity_id = 'sensor.shower_humidity' AND s.state<>'unavailable' AND s.state<>'unknown' ORDER BY state_id DESC LIMIT 60) sd;
returns mysd as numeric 2.13

When I restart HA and inspect the values of sensor.sqltest I correctly get a State of 1.0.
When I check the State of the remaining SQL sensors the values returned are ‘unknown’

I looked at home-assistant.log and only the following sql entries were there:

2021-05-12 17:19:41 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded sql from homeassistant.components.sql
2021-05-12 17:19:43 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.sql
2021-05-12 17:19:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setup of sensor platform sql is taking over 10 seconds.

Is there anywhere else I can see what’s going on?

PS originally I wanted to limit the number of return rows to 1 so I had originally added limit 1; at the end of the queries, but this threw an error in the logs showing there was an additional LIMIT 1 added to the line.

Any thoughts of what else I should try?