How do I refresh?!

Because of this comment

Yeah, so 4 years, and issue is still present and new issues are closed because of this comment. Why not simply reconsider and add this simple and essential function? I understand the desire for everything to work seamlessly as it supposed to, but it doesn’t help on the user side.

1 Like

I came here looking for a solution for a similar problem, cache laggs the app atrociously.
This renders the app useless in most cases where something doesn’t work as intended somewhere.
That is something usuall when the app is open for long periods of time.

After all, they are the developers, its their prerrogative to use the logic they want to approach the problem.

I submitted another feature request for this. 4232.

My frustration is that REFRESH link is offered anytime a dashboard is edited.

But not available to us any other time.

I have 9 channels of video I am pushing around the system and almost any hiccup between cameras, frigate box, restreaming transcoding box, and the primary HA instance breaks the video and only fixes with change of dashboard or page refresh.

This is not a front end problem… It is a streaming video problem!!

Hope we can get a little love here…

click the 3 dot menu and there is a refresh option there that is similar to the one where you edit a dashboard

anything related to viewing HA dashboard when it comes to the android app is a frontend issue actually

Interesting.

My android companion app has only ‘Edit Dashboard’ options under three dot menu.

Version 2023.12.4-full.

But more importantly, we need to be able to call it as a service so we can fix the display from the system, rather than getting a ladder out and climbing up to the hardware to accomplish.

Much easier to change to an identical but separate dashboard which is workaround we should not need.

Why is refresh blocked only for companion app when we want it, but works when HA offers it to us after dashboard code edit

Either Navigate-path service reloads when presented with same dashboard already in use, or give us a refresh service.

Either would be effective fix instead of duplicate dashboard workaround…

Well I hate to be so wrong so quickly. The video feed specifically is what needs to be reloaded not the entire dashboard page via a refresh.

A crude but effective tool.

I did find that in Junalmeida’s webrtc card (implementing AlexxIT’s Go2RTC component) reloads the video feed when tapping the MODE indication (MSE / RTC / etc).

So, this is probably the best way solve our video related issues. Create a way to manage a state change to trigger the video-only feed refresh, or a way to trigger the mode refresh inside the custom card without reloading the entire dashboard page.

A refresh command for the app so bring it’s functionality level up to the chrome / browser implementation level is still requested for edge cases, much as we have POE toggles, reset-device service calls and other ‘hammer’ style tools we are trusted to use already.

But, I now agree the best (efficient, elegant) place to solve the video refresh issues is inside the dashboard, directly with the video feed component.

@TravisHolland Did you succeed in implementing this solution? I face the similar problem and would love to know about your implementation.

I have the same problem.
There is a panel that freezes until you reboot it.
There’s a real lack of solution.

There is an alternative in the form of GitHub - ben8p/lovelace-auto-reload-card: Custom home assitant lovelace for UI auto reload
But due to the fact that I am new to home, I don’t know where to change the configuration:

type: 'custom:auto-reload-card'
delay_in_minute: 1