How do I see battery level?

Either my sensor got’s fuel cells in them or I can’t see battery level (the least probable alternative is that I’m just not looking hard enough but yeah, not likely that I’m at fault :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have a bunch of door and motion sensors, how can I see their battery levels?

See here (and other threads). Z-Wave properties have been moved to a related entity.

Oh yeah, I see it now. But all of my battery nodes are at 100% and some have been running for ~6 month so they can’t have that good battery life or can they?!

+1,
got that as well.

That can’t be right?

Depends on the battery, how it measures the remaining life, how often it draws power, how much power it draws, etc etc etc.

For example, I’ve got 2 door sensors that were purchased and fitted at the same time. The one that’s on a rarely used door reports 100% battery, the one that’s on the door used many times a day reports 85% battery.

Then there’s the original Pebble watch, which reported the battery in 10% increments.

I was going to open a new topic with this same question but found this.

I have Aeotec multisensors, I can’t find anywhere in HA where the battery status is reported?

Here:

Sebastian

1 Like

Does anyone have any sensors that’s not at 100% battery level?

Jepp, all my thermostats are in the 70s %.

I’ve got a door sensor at 83%, but most of my devices are only a few months old so other than that heavily used door, nothing’s had enough use to drop the battery.

I have a bunch of Aeotec Recessed Door Sensors (these are super cool and very easy to install) and several Aeotec MultiSensor 6.

Here are sensor samples i have in configuration.yaml

• platform: template
    sensors:
    battery_front_door:
    value_template: >-
    {%- if states.switch.front_door_33 -%}
    {{ states.switch.front_door_33.attributes.battery_level }}
    {%- else -%}
    n/a
    {%- endif -%}
    unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
    entity_id: switch.front_door_33

• platform: template
    sensors:
    battery_ms6_1:
    value_template: >-
    {%- if states.switch.ms6_1_5 -%}
    {{ states.switch.ms6_1_5.attributes.battery_level }}
    {%- else -%}
    n/a
    {%- endif -%}
    unit_of_measurement: ‘%’
    entity_id: switch.ms6_1_5

All of my battery sensors always report 100%. Well, until the batteries die.

Any ideas?