How do I trigger a Sonos Playlist from the Automations menu?

I’m trying to use the Automations menu to build an event that starts a Sonos playlist when a motion sensor is triggered within a certain time window during the day. I don’t see any options for starting Sonos Playlists under the Actions drop-down and can’t see any way to do it using the media player service. Is there another way to trigger a Sonos playlist?

I am not sure about playlist but as far a stations you can use the Media player: Select source and then type the name of what you want to play in the source section. I assume it would be the same for playlists.

Thanks. I’ll see if this method works for Sonos Playlists.

I solved it by using Play Media then selecting a Sonos Player and then selecting Play Favorite. I had to go into the Sonos app and add my playlists to Favorites so they would be accessible from the Home Assistant Sonos integration. Not sure why Sonos Playlists are not available to select directly in the Sonos integration since I know from using other automation platforms that they are exposed in the API, but this method gets the job done.

Hit “Browse Media” on a Sonos media player and you’ll be able to interactively browse available sources. If you have the Plex or Spotify integrations enabled, you’ll be able to select from those sources, also.