How reliable are the Tasmota'ed Sonoffs in the long run? (Share your experience and/or configuration please)

All my devices are now on 6.7.1 and so far so good, no wifi issues to note of.

However my HA is showing lots of new errors, for example this one:

2019-10-26 04:40:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt.binary_sensor] No matching payload found for entity: Garage Light 1 Button4 with state_topic: garage_lights_xx06xx/stat/RESULT

And buttons now appear in the integrations page. I am using HA auto discovery over MQTT, and I have kept all the settings the same, as in flashing new firmware does not overwrite settings.

Anyone else getting this?

I don’t see any difference with before. No extra errors in the log.

Are you using Auto discovery? I have a feeling that may be the issue.

I’ll try setting SetOption19 Off and On again and see if that fixes things.

All my tasmota devices are auto discovered.

Most of mine are on 6.7.1 now, had a couple that needed power cycling following upgrade before they would respond and 1 that needed reset 5 and then a reflash as it kept dropping WiFi every minute or so. They seem faster in the web interface and are staying connected.

How odd, it looks like it’s a known issue, others are gettings the ‘No matching payload found for entity’ error also here:

and here:

So I’ll have to see why they have only started to appear in v6.7.

I copied the code for the MQTT binary_sensor and am using a custom component for this now just to eliminate that ridiculous error.

I flash my own bin (around 450kb in size so don’t need minimal)

1 Like

Yes I am. seems a binary_sensor is now created in the integration… you can probably disable it. I have not tried.

OK I’m disabling them here and will restart. That should fix it as the entity is disappearing

EDIT: I am not getting the errors now after disabling the binary_sensor.*_btn’s It MAY be that this function is only in HA 0.101.0 (currently running b2 of that)

ALSO note core pre-2.6 is the ONLY supported core now.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not the only one with the errors.

I should have said earlier that I’m running HA v0.100.3, and the binary sensor buttons only appeared after flashing Tasmota v6.7, with Tasmota v6.6 there is no binary sensor button.

I don’t think this is a HA change, more a Tasmota change that is causing the binary sensor buttons to appear. I think it’s probably a HA bug that is throwing the errors however.

Thanks for the tip about disabling the entities, I’ve tried it on a few devices and so far so good, no errors from that device then HA is restarted.

Also I’ve used core pre-2.6 and so far so good, my binaries are a little larger now, but using the minimal firmware I was able to update OK. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 8 gen1 Sonoff Basics, 3 S20’s & 3 TH16’s. running for about 2 years & (touch wood) for the most part no issues.

there was one issue with a Sonoff basic, it thought the relay had failed, trying to contolr it via HA didn’t make a difference & the same with the push button. so I bought another (ready to replace it) - in the process, I turned the device off the at the wall. Tunred it back on a day or so later & its worked fine ever since.

When I restart my WiFi, there is one in a hard to reach place that need a bit of help to find the WiFi signal. but the than that, they have been rock-solid for the past 24 months.

My Qia is configured as a Tuya MCU Module, no binary button, but the Sonoff Basic I flashed with 6.7.1 does indeed show a binary button.

Yeah my nodemcu same thing. Only my Sonoff S22’s and SV’s have it.

I have 3 MagicHome / Arilux RGB controllers.

I tried flashing 6.7.1 but having constant wifi disconnects.

I’ve tried doind reset 5 but no luck.

In case anyone has the same issue as me above I managed to fix it.

Setting option “sleep 0” in the console has fixed it.

I think I can confirm this as I have a mix of v6.6 and v6.7. Only those on v6.7 have the binary sensor button.

I have 5 r2 and 12 shelly 1. After a reboot 1 r2 stopped to be reacheble. I had to hard reset using phisical button to restore connection. Since then it instable. I tried reset 5 and upgrating to 6.7.1 but nothing happens.

Moreover starting from few days some other device become unreachable. Those are shellies and are quite difficult to reach so I don’t know what to do because previous mentioned action didn’t work. Any ideas?

Perhaps interference on the Wifi channel?

Recently, I tracked down some Sonoff wifi problems to an USB-C hub that I purchased for use with a Mac that was nearby the wifi router. It seems that USB-C can cause interference in the 2.4GHz frequency. The problem went away after replacing the hub.

You can use a external watchdog timer to increase reliability

Not one disconnect on my devices for a few days now.

I do have good WiFi coverage via a TP-Link Deco mesh which no doubt helps.