How reliable are the Tasmota'ed Sonoffs in the long run? (Share your experience and/or configuration please)

I have 8 gen1 Sonoff Basics, 3 S20’s & 3 TH16’s. running for about 2 years & (touch wood) for the most part no issues.

there was one issue with a Sonoff basic, it thought the relay had failed, trying to contolr it via HA didn’t make a difference & the same with the push button. so I bought another (ready to replace it) - in the process, I turned the device off the at the wall. Tunred it back on a day or so later & its worked fine ever since.

When I restart my WiFi, there is one in a hard to reach place that need a bit of help to find the WiFi signal. but the than that, they have been rock-solid for the past 24 months.

My Qia is configured as a Tuya MCU Module, no binary button, but the Sonoff Basic I flashed with 6.7.1 does indeed show a binary button.

Yeah my nodemcu same thing. Only my Sonoff S22’s and SV’s have it.

I have 3 MagicHome / Arilux RGB controllers.

I tried flashing 6.7.1 but having constant wifi disconnects.

I’ve tried doind reset 5 but no luck.

In case anyone has the same issue as me above I managed to fix it.

Setting option “sleep 0” in the console has fixed it.

I think I can confirm this as I have a mix of v6.6 and v6.7. Only those on v6.7 have the binary sensor button.

I have 5 r2 and 12 shelly 1. After a reboot 1 r2 stopped to be reacheble. I had to hard reset using phisical button to restore connection. Since then it instable. I tried reset 5 and upgrating to 6.7.1 but nothing happens.

Moreover starting from few days some other device become unreachable. Those are shellies and are quite difficult to reach so I don’t know what to do because previous mentioned action didn’t work. Any ideas?

Perhaps interference on the Wifi channel?

Recently, I tracked down some Sonoff wifi problems to an USB-C hub that I purchased for use with a Mac that was nearby the wifi router. It seems that USB-C can cause interference in the 2.4GHz frequency. The problem went away after replacing the hub.

You can use a external watchdog timer to increase reliability

Not one disconnect on my devices for a few days now.

I do have good WiFi coverage via a TP-Link Deco mesh which no doubt helps.

I have noticed hardware watchdog restart reason on my devices that have dht22 sensors connected. Can be a few hours or a couple of days.

Since v7.1.2 there’s a “lite” build made specially for Sonoff Basics R1 and R2. These are known for poorer quality electronics (weak internal psu) which can cause instability with full-featured Tasmota builds which occasionally make CPU load spikes. Lite build was made especially for that - most modules left out, simple functionality left in.

Running lite on my Sonoff Basics for 2 months now, not a single reboot or hang.