How stop dimming light all the way to 0%

I am using Shelly dimmer 2 and Ikea E1743 controller to dim lights.

And this blueprint for dimming Controller - IKEA E1743 TRÅDFRI On/Off Switch & Dimmer | Awesome HA Blueprints

Also this for setting default brightness after powering on later Default turn-on brightness/color temperature for lights

But my problem is that when I dim lights by 10% step and accidentally dim all the way to 0% then light goes off and then i need turn again on but now lights goes 100% again because i use default brightness 100%.

Is there any way to stop light going accidentally off when dimming down?

1 Like

Sure.

The way I would do it is to insert a condition before the service call that performs the 10% dimming. The condition would check if the light’s current brightness is greater than or equal to 15%. If it is then it would permit executing the service call (which would reduce brightness to no less than 5%). If it’s already lower than 15%, the service call is not executed.

Sound logical but i dont know what condition code I need to add when I use this blueprint. Controller - IKEA E1743 TRÅDFRI On/Off Switch & Dimmer | Awesome HA Blueprints
Can you help me with code and where to put that?

Ask the blueprint’s author. They might even make it a permanent feature of the blueprint so other users can benefit from it as well.