How to activate second button in Philips Hue Wall Switch Module through zigbee2mqtt?

Question:

I have Philips Hue Wall Switch Module, and I connect it through the zigbee2mqtt, directly.
Switch Module used with double push button. It’s kinda working, but there is a nuance.

Sadly it looks like only one signal input of Wall Switch is work (both inputs trigger same action) if I connect through the zigbee2mqtt. It’s a pity, that I losse half of device functionality, especially because there is not a lot of space inside socket boxes, so hard to fit there twice devices.

Is there any way I can use both inputs?

1 Like
  • Actions are only sent for input 1 of the device. For input 2 no actions will be sent (so a double rocker is not supported).

I sugges to ask on z2m discussion group for reasons.

But I suspect (based on further doc reading) z2m provides events generated by the device. So while you cannot intercept imputs directly, you may react on presses and releases reported by the device.

1 Like

Sounds really interesting.
But how exactly I can read/see this kind of reports?
I was trying to read through reporting and dev console but it was a failure. Probably doing something wrong.

i’m just guessing after reading docs (I don’t have this device)
I suggest to use Mqtt Explorer, and watch what is changing in mqtt.

1 Like

I have a switch (four buttons) that exposes actions too. If you create a new automation, select device, and then see what the different values presented are, does that show anything helpful? In my case the single switch exposes multiple values (up /down / on / off on both channels).

I then set up the automation like this:

trigger:
  - platform: device
    domain: mqtt
    device_id: b3bc085725c505a4957b675cffcc6dcf
    type: action
    subtype: brightness_move_up_l1
    discovery_id: 0xccccccfffe6443d1 action_brightness_move_up_l1
    id: dim-up-l1
  - platform: device
    domain: mqtt
    device_id: b3bc085725c505a4957b675cffcc6dcf