How to add Schlage door knob?

i have this Schlage zwave door knob… https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-FE599NX-CAM-619-ACC/dp/B0083GJ17G
in HA web gui, i go to Z-Wave Network Management then “add node”
on the Schlage, i enter my 6 digit code, wait for 3 beep, press schlage button, press 0.
going back to HA, when i click on “refresh nodes,” i dont see anything new.

or is there an entity that i should be looking for in Dev tool?

nevermind. the lock can only be added in as “add node secure”

5 entities were added into my HA.
there are only 2 useful entities, the battery status and this:

any idea how i can see the history of lock and unlock? strange only “no state history found” is shown.
would be even better if i can see which codes were used to unlock. this way, i can set lighting moods upon entry…

Make sure your history section in your config isn’t excluding the lock domain.

You should be able to determine the user number via the burglar sensor if I recall.
I think @ptdalen uses this lock he’d be able to tell you for sure.

The alarm_level sensor for your lock is the slot that was used to unlock (or lock if you have it set to require code to lock) your deadbolt. As far as history if its not excluded it should show. You can also add your lock to the logbook are in HA, the you’ll see all of the changes.

1 Like

i added “lock” to my recorder:

recorder:
  include:
    domains:
      - automations
      - alarm_control_panel
      - device_tracker
      - binary_sensor
      - switch
      - sensor
      - lock

i can see status and history now. thanks!

1 Like

i see this entity: sensor.schlage_allegion_fe599gr_wireless_door_lock_alarm_level
but its value is stuck at 0

i have restarted HA too.

If it were me I would look at all of the entities and look at the state changes as i perform each action on the lock itself, that way you can be sure what to expect when automating it.

Unlock the door with a code. Don’t lock it manually with the thumb knob. Then check the value. If it’s not changing then maybe the lock is not paired with zwave well

Very odd, my door lock looks like this:

Figured that was standard for all the lock domain. :man_shrugging:

My lock entity looks like that too, but there are other sensors that also provide information. Mainly alarm_type and alarm_level. You can get a lot of the same information if you parse the lock status from the lock.

1 Like

it is very strange i don’t see anything usable in alarm_type and alarm_level in the web interface.
i will remove the node and add it back in again to see if that helps. mine is not a dead bolt, it is a door lever type as seen here https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-FE599NX-CAM-619-ACC/dp/B0083GJ17G

Should still work the same.

I have that same lock. If the lock is properly added you should have the following sensors, named slightly different of course

sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_access_control
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_alarm_level
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_alarm_type
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_burglar
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_power_management
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_sourcenodeid
sensor.schlage_be469nxcen_touchscreen_deadbolt_system

plus the lock.lockname

The only ones most people use are the alarm_type and alarm_level and the lock.

If alarm level and type are not changing with you lock, unlock, use a code, etc, then it’s not paired correctly.

thanks for showing me. i removed and added the secure node back in and still get the same thing as before. i wonder if it’s possible for firmware update or something now…

Can anyone tell me what hub I should use today in 2022 wo add an old Shlage connect from 2014, now that smartthings and wink dont make hubs anymore? Somthing compatible for Home assistant?

(Dont want to use USB stick with synology 7.0 to avoid headache.)